Information on Loki Herpetology - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
snakeman56
Information on Loki Herpetology

I would like to hear from all who have had dealings with Loky. Good or bad.

Thanks
Tom Sierra

Old 05-24-2005, 10:34 PM   #2
daniel1983
i suppose you are talking about loki herpetology. here is the thread on here about them:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=loki+herp

The second post is mine. I purchased a 500 gram CB female ball python from the them back in March. The transaction went smooth and they were very helpful on the phone. The only thing that kinda worried me is that they ship w/ DHL which I have been told have a no snake policy. Other then that everything was great.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
LakesideBoas
Buy with confidence...

I purchased a gorgeous 4.5foot Argentine female from them and could not be happier as to how the transation was from initial contact through recieving and after. Their packing is top-notch and the feeding/boarding record you get is a great help.

I'm sure if you drop them an e-mail they'd be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

They do ship through DHL, but the DHL drivers, in my area at least, know if the package is for me it's either got spiders, snakes or some other 'creepy' thing in the box and that I make them stick around for live arrival guarantee. Poor fella almost wet himself when the Argentine hissed at me, but he always comes back-LOL!

Old 05-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #4
Loki Herp
Hey everyone. Nice to see nice posts about us. We appreciate it. DHL does normally have a no snake policy however we are a verified shipper through DHL and they do allow us to ship snakes.

Thanks all for the kind words!
Michael Davenport
Loki Herpetology

Old 05-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
daniel1983
Michael, thanks for clarifying the shipping statement I made. I did not know DHL had a verification system for reptile shipment. Again, I could not be more pleased with my purchase so Thanks.

Daniel Hill

Old 05-30-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
snakeman56
Thanks for those that posted your comments. I purchased a pair of Ball Pythons het for Albino from Loki Herpetological. The deal went really smooth, the box the snakes were in was great. I was a little concerned when only the female ate when I fed them, the male did not want to eat. I called Loki and asked them what they did when it came to feeding time. They gave me the info and at the next feeding the both ate. I hope to prove them out next year since they are both over 650 grams. But only if the female is of the right weight.

Thanks
Tom Sierra

Old 05-30-2005, 07:57 PM   #7
snakeman56
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman56
Thanks for those that posted your comments. I purchased a pair of Ball Pythons het for Albino from Loki Herpetological. The deal went really smooth, the box the snakes were in was great. I was a little concerned when only the female ate when I fed them, the male did not want to eat. I called Loki and asked them what they did when it came to feeding time. They gave me the info and at the next feeding the both ate. I hope to prove them out next year since they are both over 650 grams. But only if the female is of the right weight.

Thanks
Tom Sierra
Sorry it's Loki Herpetology not Loki Herpetological

Old 05-31-2005, 02:33 AM   #8
Loki Herp
No problem with the shipping comment... it's always a concern when dealing with live animals. We all want to make sure our reptiles get to our homes safe, sound, and legally! DHL has been really great with us in allowing us to ship our reptiles. Our DHL driver even comes in everytime we receive a package to see what's new and our DHL rep bought a shirt from us. haha.

Im so glad everyone is pleased, and again, no one can always be 100% perfect all the time, so if anyone is ever unsatisfied, even in the least, we WILL make it right!

Thanks again for all the kind words and your wonderful business!

Michael Davenport
Loki Herpetology

Old 05-31-2005, 02:47 AM   #9
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki Herp
Im so glad everyone is pleased, and again, no one can always be 100% perfect all the time, so if anyone is ever unsatisfied, even in the least, we WILL make it right!
I think you can take that to the bank!

You could have taken advantage of a complete "nube" but you did not. In fact, you went above and beyond the call! (They even e-mail me to see how Star, the Argentine, and I are getting along as she was not a happy camper when she was shipped...which I might add, I fully expected!)

When I decide to start selling my Boas I will do well to model myself after this fine example. I know if I inquire from Loki Herpetology I will be getting something rare these days...individual customer service...kind of like a full-service gas station; heck, they even wash your windows!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!