Trash can tree frogs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:08 AM   #1
WebSlave
Trash can tree frogs

Every Thursday evening we have to take the trash can out to the end of the driveway for pickup on Friday morning. And just about every Thursday evening we have to go through the ritual of capturing one or more tree frogs that have decided that being inside the empty trash can is just a great way to be spending their time. This week there were two of them. So we have to coerce them from the little nooks and crannies they will be in so we can get them into our hands and then relocate them to the nearby plants. I'm beginning to think that they believe it is some kind of game we play with them by now. But this time I threw a little bit of a wrinkle into the game by breaking out the camera and dazzling them with the flashes for the photos. Not sure what they are thinking about this new development, so I guess we'll see if they are back next week for a new round of "Catch the trash can froggies".

Old 03-12-2018, 01:39 AM   #2
hotlips
How cute! Do let us know if they return next week? They must be finding insects in there
but I'll bet they didn't appreciate the flash-photos. They're so lucky they didn't end up in the trash truck.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
Jawsofafrog
Yes, thanks relocating them! Are the Green tree frog or Barking tree frogs? I think Barking.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:39 AM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
How cute! Do let us know if they return next week? They must be finding insects in there
but I'll bet they didn't appreciate the flash-photos. They're so lucky they didn't end up in the trash truck.
Yes, we usually have at least one tree frog every Thursday that we have to remove before putting trash bags in the container. We don't normally see them on very cold days, or when it is raining. Except for the occasional scorpion we find in there, we never really see anything else inside the trash container.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsofafrog View Post
Yes, thanks relocating them! Are the Green tree frog or Barking tree frogs? I think Barking.
Beats me. I've never even pretended to be an expert in amphibians. We see them around here and there, but that trash receptacle is about the only reliable place we consistently find them for some reason.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
Dyscophus antongilii
I wish that I lived in a geographical location that allowed for frogs in my trashcans. Thanks for sharing. It made my evening!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!