Hay's Haven - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #21
gwbolton
vet info and etc.

ok here is the vet i use is
dr. shaw at
Lincoln Highway Veterinary Clinic
1833 Lincoln Highway East
Lancaster, PA 17602
and the geckos had
CELLULITIS
the first one also had STREP PNEMONIA due to her condition with the other disease.

vet gave me TETRACYCOINE to give the other 2 which died later even after med, pediolite, warm water, and heat lamps failed to help them. i was even nice to alert him about the disease. but i guess it is a lost cause. hope no one else has this problem. taught be a lesson thou. never trust get it in writing...

gary bolton

Old 06-11-2003, 06:45 PM   #22
gila7150
How did your vet happen to come to that diagnosis?
1. Did he do bloodwork?
2. Did he do a C&S?

They died of cellulitis? come on....
I'm assuming that you atleast took photos of the dead geckos, right? If they had such advanced cellulitis that it caused them to die....this should be pretty obvious in the photos.

Anybody ever see a leopard gecko with strep throat? Me neither

Old 06-11-2003, 06:54 PM   #23
gila7150
I was joking about the strep throat...
but if your vet determined it was Streptococcus, there had to have been some diagnostic tests done and your itemized receipt from the vet should show that.
Photos of the animals and a receipt from your vet would go a long way in proving your case.

Old 06-11-2003, 07:41 PM   #24
The BoidSmith
Gary,

I'm not taking sides here as I don't know either one but I agree with what the rest have said, you should provide some sort of proof. At least post a scanned vet report. If you don't have the original one I wouldn't doubt Dr. Shaw can issue a copy. After all it's not every day geckos come to a clinic and are diagnosed with cellulitis.

As for the condition, cellulitis (usually a form of skin infection) does exist as an ailment in herps; bacteria such as streptococcus and staphylococcus can be the infective agent, and it's treatment (aside from supportive therapy, as suggested) is with antibiotics (like tetracycline). In my opinion if someone was going to make-up an unexisting ailment (and I'm not saying Gary has done it) he will most likely not choose a relatively rare finding such as cellulitis, and provide details about the causing organism and it's treatment. This is just my opinion of course.

Assuming you post a vet report, you still have to provide proof though as of which geckos infected which.

Regards.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:22 PM   #25
sputnik
Wink

Quote:
At least post a scanned vet report. If you don't have the original one I wouldn't doubt Dr. Shaw can issue a copy.
This is exactly what should be done. Typing out what the report stated is not proof and I'm saying you are lieing either, but you need to post a scanned report.

Proving which geckos contaminated which may be almost impossible if they have been disposed of. Do you still have them?

Old 06-11-2003, 11:13 PM   #26
gila7150
Gary,
You said that you took the geckos to the vet the day after you received them and at that time one was dead and the other two were sick.
Jason says that you didn't email him about any problems until a week after receiving them. Is this true...and if not, do you have copies of your emails to prove otherwise?
When you pay for a professional necropsy you should receive a necropsy report....do you have that?

If you're not going to offer any proof of your allegations, you're wasting your time here. Right now, it's just your word against his. Jason may have handled this differently if you had given him some kind of proof that his animals were ill when you received them. If they had severe cellulitis it should have been obvious the minute you saw them....not a week later.

Old 06-12-2003, 09:49 AM   #27
gwbolton
vet

ok called vet back by tomorrow i will be posting a letter from him stating what was wrong with the geckos and treatment that was tried and failed. don't have a copy because i thought when he offered to ship other geckos problem was solved, but i was wrong. another lesson for me.

Gary Bolton

Old 06-12-2003, 10:38 AM   #28
The BoidSmith
Gary,

If you have any e-mail exchange between both of you please post it too. It might be helpful to establish time-frames.

Thanks.

Old 06-12-2003, 01:34 PM   #29
sputnik
Emails

Gary, any and all emails between you and Jason should be posted. Would certainly help your case.

Especially if you have one stating he would send you another gecko.

If he did, then you are owed one.

Posting the vet reports would be a BIG thing also!

Quote:
If you have any e-mail exchange between both of you please post it too. It might be helpful to establish time-frames.
Time frames would be very important too.

Old 06-12-2003, 01:47 PM   #30
ms_terese
I think Jason said that he initially agreed to send another gecko, but then there were no photos or vet reports forthcoming, so he chose not to. If that is the situation, I would not have shipped a replacement either.

I don't know of anyone that will replace an animal without some sort of proof that the animal was/is sick or died.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!