Bad Guy Stacy Smith aka Tori Rameriz aka Tori Lee Day - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
frozenxpenguin
Stacy Smith aka Tori Rameriz aka Tori Lee Day

BAD GUY: Stacy Smith aka Tori Rameriz aka Tori Lee Day
husband Anthony aka Michael Hernandez Kristal

I sadly discovered today that I was scammed by these individuals. They traded me misrepresented snakes for some pastel pied hold backs I had hatched out. And have traded the snakes I gave her to other individuals doing the same. If you see any of the animals posted for sale or trade that are listed here in this BOI please speak up. Ultimately my goal is to return all the snakes to their rightful owners and shine light on this crooked individual and take legal action so that this happens to no one else. Any information you have will be helpful to building my case. Please post screen shots etc below.

PS- I see now that there were red flags throughout this transaction. It has been a learning experience for me. I understand there are risks when buying hets from non reputable breeders. But I am a nice person and decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and trust her. So please refrain from making any comments that will not help my case. The situation is negative enough as is.

Here is my side of the story:

An add was posted on a florida reptile page, I believe it was Reptiles- north, east and central, by Stacy Smith stating that she had 9 proven het clown females she was thinking about getting rid of and was looking for trades. I sent a message on Feb 19th 2015 asking what she was looking for and she told me to make an offer. I provided a list of everything I currently had available for sale or trade. She expressed interest in my breeding pair of veiled chameleons but said first she would have to get permission from her husband before she brought something home that wasn't a snake. While waiting on a response from her husband we discussed a meeting place where the trade would take place. We had some more small talk about what exactly was available. We came to the conclusion that I would trade 1.1 pastel pied hatchlings for a proven het clown female and a pastel BEL het clown male. She also said she needed rack systems for babies, which I told her I could build. So we arranged to also trade more proven het clown females for the rack systems. After speaking over the course of a few days, she expressed on Feb 25th 2015 that she was impatient and didn't want to wait for me to finish the racks and do the entire trade at once. So we agreed that we would meet and trade the 1.1 pastel pieds for 1 proven het clown female and 1 pastel BEL het clown male and then trade more het clown females for the rakcs at a later decided date. She told me her husband would be able to meet me in Christmas FL on his all black motorcycle. The meeting place was a Shell gas station, 24740 E Colonial Dr., Christmas FL. We met, talked about his future projects, traded and went on our separate ways. I kept in touch with Stacy up until March 9th. That was the day the last messages were exchanged. I've been busy with work but told her I would keep her updated on when I would be able to buy supplies to build the racks and continue our trade. Today I was going to place an order for the pvc plastic and went on to messenger to update her and ask a few more questions on how she wanted the rack built. On my phone she was listed as "facebook user" and on my computer her name still showing as Stacy Smith but now without a profile picture. It said I could no longer send messages to this person. I then posted a general inquiry on a few reptile FB pages to see if anyone else could still see this profile. From the responses I received, it is now evident that I have been scammed. I am not sure if the Stacy Smith profile has blocked me or has been deleted.

Nick Dellaperuta commented saying that she deleted her FB because she got caught and remembered seeing it on another group.

Sara Carpenter was scammed by her also. She traded Stacy 4 of her females for some het clown females and the pastel pied male I traded to Stacy. Sara was told by Stacy that my pastel pied male was a Pastel Leopard Pied het clown. Sara also stated that she caught Stacy trying to sell her Enchi bee as a OD YB enchi bee. When asked if she had any info on her, Sara stated that the registration(I am assuming on the motorcycle) came back to a Michael Hernandez and that the name registered with that one was Tori Lee Day.

Krista Shank asked for me to PM her. When I did she told me that Stacy Smith is Tori Ramerez. She said that her facebook was deleted because she was using someone else's snake as her profile picture. She went on to tell me that she believes Stacy is selling/trading normals as hets but that she didn't have proof of this claim. She provided me with screen shots of their conversation which has a phone number for her husband "Anthony" (321) 271- 5172.

Below I will be posting screen shots of my inbox conversation with "Stacy Smith". Along with any other developments I receive from other individuals. I will also post photos of the snakes I traded. As well as the snakes I now have in my possession. IF I NOW HAVE YOUR SNAKES PLEASE SPEAK UP! I would like to get this sorted out. Sara has one of my pastel pieds but that is the only lead I have on locating any of the animals in question so far.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2015, 11:11 PM   #2
frozenxpenguin
photos cont.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2015, 11:12 PM   #3
frozenxpenguin
photos cont
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #4
frozenxpenguin
I appear to be having issues posting all of my photos as it is telling me they are duplicates. Here is a link to a BOI thread on FB that has all of my photos attached.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/boir...8786598525017/

Old 04-10-2015, 11:40 PM   #5
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenxpenguin View Post
So we agreed that we would meet and trade the 1.1 pastel pieds for 1 proven het clown female and 1 pastel BEL het clown male and then trade more het clown females for the rakcs at a later decided date..........

We met, talked about his future projects, traded and went on our separate ways.
Just to be clear: the trade you did complete was satisfactory and this BOI is in fact about her failure to carry through the trade for the racks? Obviously you are out of pocket on the rack materials, but does she have any of your animals other than those she did trade for?

Sorry if I missed something, just trying to see where the crux of your complaint lies, thanks.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:27 AM   #6
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Sorry if I missed something, just trying to see where the crux of your complaint lies, thanks.
It appears the complaint is about false hets.
Especially considering that this Stacy/Tori turned around and traded the OP's Pastel Pied male, to somebody else (Sara), as a Pastel Leopard Pied het clown.
In turn, it appears that Sara's Enchi Bee (one of the snakes she traded to Stacy/Tori, I believe) was, then, being sold, by Stacy/Tori, with a claim that it was an OD YB Enchi Bee.
Etc., etc.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:34 AM   #7
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Just to be clear: the trade you did complete was satisfactory and this BOI is in fact about her failure to carry through the trade for the racks? Obviously you are out of pocket on the rack materials, but does she have any of your animals other than those she did trade for?

I believe she said she misrepresented animals, was selling/trading animals as what they are not (adding genes they don't have) etc. So if those snakes are in fact NOT het clown she's also out snakes on misrepresented animals.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:35 AM   #8
regardingmarley
I mean don't get me wrong, this is definitely fishy. But, to be clear, she is selling misrepresented animals to people other than the OP. Even if you can prove they were yours and that she misrepresented them to the buyers, she still can't be proven to have done wrong to the OP. Until those "hets" breed out there is no evidence of wrongdoing on this transaction. Trust me, I doubt the hets are legitimate, but for the OP this may have been a premature/maligned thread.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #9
frozenxpenguin
Helenthereef: the trade was thought to be satisfactory until I went to message her and discovered she had deleted her account. I thought it was odd and posted a general inquiry on FB asking others if they could still see her, perhaps I had been blocked. And that's when I found out I had been scammed. The clown in her profile page, which I was led to believe by Stacy was the parent to my het clown female, was another breeders. This breeder called her out on it, apparently there was a thread on another FB page called blacklist that is no longer available because someone reported it to FB, and she deleted her account. I have had multiple people mention this blacklist thread. And, to prove that it was in fact a made up account, Krista sent me a PM with screenshots of a convo between her and "Stacy Smith" saying "it's me...Tori Ramirez. Them people kicked me off Facebook because i don't quarantine my animals."

Pasodama: correct.

RegardingMarley: I disagree that it was a premature thread. I also found out last night that my supposed Pastel BEL het clown is an Ivory. His eyes were dark upon inspection, however I was told by Stacy's husband and herself in PM that the pairing was Mojave super pastel x Mojave clown. I believed them because although the eyes were dark, there was a blue tint to the outer edge of the eye. Which another individual pointed out to me is a quality held by a line of Vms herp ivories.

Also the fact my pastel pied male was misrepresented as a pastel leopard pied het clown and is now in Sara's possession is highly upsetting. She traded 4 balls to Stacy for him and het clown females and then caught Stacy trying to flip one of her snakes as something it was not.

This person is flipping snakes, falsely claiming genetics and taking advantage of people. Worthy in my opinion of a bad BOI. Once I figure out how to post all the photos here in this thread I will. I may have to use photobucket or something and add it all to the main thread. I don't know.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:30 AM   #10
Robert Walker
Hi Sarah- I'll admit I have not read everything yet in this thread word for word. Do you have any other tangible facts about this person:

Phone number:
Email:
Address:
Fauna User account:
Facebook address: might be closed I think you said?

Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!