Inquiry Fred KIck - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
Ricca217
Fred KIck

I see many topics related to Mr. Kick, but many seem to be very old and\or revisited.
Can anyone giv me some info on their recent experience(s) with Mr. Kick and the condition of his animals?
Also, I am looking at some Hets and wondering as to his reliability anf honesty when it comes to Hets actually being Hets.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Gary Ricks

Old 09-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
ReptileJay
The Kick brothers really only have one thing in mind when it comes to their animals... Make as much money as possible as quickly as possible.

I would avoid doing ANY business with them at ANY cost...

As far as their "honesty" goes... Years ago, i purchased a snake from them that they guaranteed was healthy, and guaranteed that if anything went wrong within 10 days they would gladly refund my money. The snake died within 24 hours, and when confronted about it they refused to do ANYTHING to make the situation right. As far as I'm concerned, if they are willing to act as such in person, why would they go out of their way to be MORE honest to anyone that they are NOT standing right in front of?

In regard to the conditions of their animals... they have store in my general area. Every time I have entered their store in the past 2 years, there have been dead animals on display, the majority of the living animals were ill, and being kept in filthy conditions, and the few healthy animals that WERE still there were overcrowded at best... Even at the shows that they set up at, They are one of the few vendors that I have seen which have snakes on display that I have actually SEEN mites on without even taking them out for inspection...

They have had the SPCA as well as the NY DEC raid their facilities in the past, and I am certain that their practices have not improved since then...

Bottom line, They are right up there with the worst in my book, and I am certain I'm not the only one who feels that way...

Old 09-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
gixxer3420
If I were you I would looks else where. There are plenty of good breeders out there that have what you are looking for. Ive been to their store several times and as Jason has stated its filthy in there. Ive also seen him at shows, they clean up a little for the shows but its the same animals and the same people selling them.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Ricca217
Thanks for the info guys!
It has been very helpful in making our decision!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
SamanthaJane13
I agree-with the Kicks, it's BUYER BEWARE!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
SamanthaJane13
I agree-with the Kicks, it's BUYER BEWARE!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
bloodpython_MA
I'm right along with these guys! Will NEVER do business with them again!
They shipped me a snake and upon recieving it I KNEW there was something up and called them. They gave me the run around and it died the next morning. They refused to replace/refund/do anything.
I'll NEVER do business with them again!

Old 09-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
linktlife
My experience with Fred Kick has been satisfactory. He quickly answered all my inquiries and questions. We agreed upon a 4 week payment plan, which went smoothly and as agreed. Upon receipt of the last payment, he shipped the snake the following Monday and I received her today.

The snake was properly packaged in a clean, sealed but ventilated and insulated 7x7x7 box. She was cushioned with shredded paper and in a knotted snake bag. The box and bag were just a little small for her so she couldn't move much. But otherwise the packaging was great.

She appears to be completely healthy with clear eyes, healthy mouth, clean vent, and she has no mites. There are no mites present around her eyes or in the snake bag or box.

The only discrepancy is that the ad 4 weeks ago stated her weight was 875g, and upon arrival this morning, she weighed 763g. According to her feeding card she last ate 08/24/10. She is an 08 ball python, 100% het for Bell Line Caramel Albino. I hope to bring her up to weight for use late in this coming breeding season depending on how well she feeds. Time will tell if she proves out.

Overall my experience working with Fred has been pretty good. Thank you Fred

Linda Folston

Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
ReptileJay
Quote:
Originally Posted by linktlife View Post

The only discrepancy is that the ad 4 weeks ago stated her weight was 875g, and upon arrival this morning, she weighed 763g.
That's a fairly considerable difference in weight... I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "Misrepresentation"... but... I wouldn't put that past the Kicks... that's for sure...

I truly hope she proves to actually be Het. for you... but don't expect a refund if she doesn't... I highly doubt that this is a snake that they produced themselves... Did they happen to send any genetics paperwork with the snake?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
linktlife
I am a little disappointed about the discrepancy in weight, but perhaps she went off feed. According to her feeding card it looks like she eats 2-3 times per month and once a month during the winter months. Genetics paperwork was not provided. I have my fingers crossed she will prove out. If she does not, I will give Fred the opportunity to make it right and hope we can work out something mutually satisfactory.

Linda

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!