Share your anacondas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
mightymouseec04
Share your anacondas

With the ban over the last year I know many have strayed from working with the yellow anacondas or anacondas in general but I enjoy these snakes the most so far. Here are some pictures of my adults enjoying the sun.
Miny- She is gravid currently and has not eaten since the end of October.
Jumbo- My proven male, has a strong breeding response.
Tiny- Sexed as a female 3-4 times but shows all the signs of a confused male. Beautiful snake either way.
Please share your anacondas be it green, yellow or even a cross. I always look forward to seeing other people’s anacondas.
Thank you and hope you enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Fangthane
Few pics of 'condas I used to have.

The guy in the pic was a neighbor. It was his first interaction with a "big" snake. Even in shed, she was incredibly calm. He liked it so much that he went out and bought his first BP shortly after that.

Doing her cobra impersonation.

Young male yellow I had.

A YxG cross.

Her dinner time.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
mightymouseec04
That cross is such a great looking snake, one day I will also own one. How’s the green-yellow cross when it comes to handling?

Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Fangthane
I no longer have it anymore (or any snakes at the moment). I could just never bring myself to trust her very far. The previous owner said she was aggressive, and supplied a few pics that supported it. I didn't go out of my way to get too hands-on, when I could avoid it.

It's a lot easier to move a snake around when you can pretty much count on finding it soaking in its water tub at any given time. When I decided to take her out, I'd just put the lid on the tub and take her out that way. She rarely showed much active aggression, but I made it a point to keep out of harm's way as much as I could. I got the impression that she wasn't nearly as bad as the last guy had thought, but since she was big enough to do some damage, I wasn't eager to push my luck. When I had to actually pick her up, I made it a point to stay well away from her head and set her back down if she started to seem especially interested in me. It seemed to work out well for the both of us.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
mightymouseec04
I see and it’s to bad you don’t still have her but it sucks that she was as aggressive as you say. I had plans on getting a pair of them as babies but the seller backed out then the ban passed before I could find any more. I was bummed but am hoping to get a pair of greens this year some time. I have 4 yellows currently and all of them are easy to handle and don’t try to bite thankfully. I have actually used my oldest (Tiny) in an educational “vet academy” at the vet hospital I use.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
Monkey Tails Canada
Love the pictures!! The cobra impersonation pic is awesome!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!