what is it worth? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
MaineGuy72
what is it worth?

How do you decide how much to sell your geckos for?

I have been breeding gargoyles and crested for a while and feel I have undervalued them.
The crested I have been hatching out lately look like the best ones I have ever hatched. And the gargoyles are always striped with white and orange stripes or red and orange stripes. I can post pictures later if anyone wants to see

Thanks

Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
leaveittoweaver
The price of Rhacs depends on a lot of things. Sex, age, proven breeder or not, etc. But honestly most Rhacs are worth what people will pay for them and that varies by person to person.

Generally red gargs go for quite a big, but so do ones with big bold orange stripes. I have noticed that Retics don't tend to sell for as much. But pricing is just so subjective it's hard to really put a price on gargs and cresties in my opinion.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Spyral
Price has a lot to do with the supply and demand in your local area. If you sell online you might charge differently just because you are competing with a greater number of breeders.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
312Herps
all seem like good answers to me , mainly i feel its the quality of the breeders stock that should dictate mostly what the prices of the geckos should be priced at. I also think the genetic value of a crested plays into the pricing a bit also .

Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
MaineGuy72
I just had 2 more gargs hatch out today from a different female. First eggs I ever had with her. This time I did get a retic and a stripe. Once they get settled in i will post pictures to see what ya think

Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
Sublime Reptiles
Pictures honestly would help here lol

Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
MaineGuy72
it was more of a general thought and not for a certain one i had.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
312Herps
Problem is prices are completely subjective in a market that fluxuates from breeder to breeder and region to region .i would say gargs can go anywhere from $25 to $400 or even more depending on what you're breeding .

Old 01-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
Nervous Wreck
I breed crested geckos and it depends on age, sex, morph, color, head structure, tail or no tail, markings and your reputation as a breeder. If they are ready to breed, or proven breeders they are worth more $$$.
Example 1- A Dalmation that has bigger and more spots is worth more than one with smaller and less spots.
Example 2- A 100% pinstripe is worth alot more than a 95% pinstripe. Even a small break in the stripe lowers its value.

Ryan Minardi
Crested Kingdom

0.0.3 Amazon Milk Frogs
18.33.14 Crested Geckos

Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
MaineGuy72
thought i would post a couple pictures of my garg juv i produced to see what you all think
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!