Gargoyle or Crested - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 12:36 AM   #1
Roman24
Question Gargoyle or Crested

To you all experts.
Witch type would do better being Handled (more calm), etc.?
Thank you
Roman

Old 06-21-2016, 05:50 AM   #2
Pasodama
I have both and would have a hard time deciding which I would want, between the two, if I could only have one.

They have the same care requirements (though Cresties tend to like insects more than the Gargs do), both have about the same amount of tolerance to being handled, and both are "cuter than a button".

That said, I suppose that if I *had* to pick, I would say that the Cresties edge ahead of Gargs, by only a wee bit, with re. to tolerance of being handled.

A little more info...

Cresties have more "sticking" ability, and feel a bit more "velvety", than Gargs.
Cresties jump (leap) more than Gargs do.
Gargs can regenerate a new tail while Cresties cannot.

Whichever you decide on, you cannot go wrong (in selection) with either one. Both are great.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
acecurl16
Having had experience with both .... I emphatically echo Pasodama's words above .. both are a joy to own and interact with ... care is same and quite modest with both .. both are great display animals and animals that tolerate handling! If I had to choose between them and keep only one .... for absolutely no reason other than personal choice and biases ... I'd go with my Gargoyles ... love that knobby head and those eyes ... lol!!

Old 06-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #4
hollyhox127
I own both, while I have more gargoyles than cresties, I think I would have to pick the crestie, simply because I've had her longer. My gargoyles are great at tolerating handling and will often sit on my shoulder when I'm mixing up their food. My crestie is a bit more energetic, but appears to tolerate hand walking more than the gargoyles. It really comes down to preference of what look you like more, as others have stated care requirements are extremely similar. Both really are great pets.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
Roman24
Thank you all for the advice

Old 10-29-2016, 12:14 PM   #6
Caledonia
Both!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!