Help with leopard gecko - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Grod314
Help with leopard gecko

Hello, recently (about a month and a half ago) I transferred my 8 year old leopard gecko from a 10 gallon cage to a 40 gallon one. She appears to love it compared to her last cage as she has multiple different hides cold and hot to choose from, however feeding is a different story. The first time i fed her, she was on eco earth so i immediately pulled her off as i saw her swallowing some ( she got 6-8 crickets). Next week i fed her on newspaper and she got 2-3. the week after that she ate a giant tomato hornworm no problem. a few days she ate 2-3 crickets and a day or two after that she ate 2-3 more. Now its been a week and this feeding she only ate 2. She has been losing alot of weight and not eating as much as she did before the 40 gallon tank since she dosent exactly have the best strike-rate/ eyesight and the crickets can get away really fast. im considering switching her to dubia roaches as theyre healthy and cant run away as fast. Im greatly worried for my pet, any suggestions are welcomed

Old 03-01-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
Robinz
Hi Grod. What about her health condition now? It could be bad if her tail gets very thin. Maybe try to use some worms have soft outside ( guess Dubia's exoskeleton is too hard to digest) and mix some BAC with worms. If it still can't work, try to squeeze the worms in order to let gecko taste the flesh. Also I think u need to notice is she has digestive problems. Good luck.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #3
elena
Have you considered returning her to the 10g? Maybe too much space is stressing her out. I've not heard about it in Leos, but it definitely happens with some other species. You should also consider the possibility of an unrelated parasitic infection. Having a fecal test done would rule this out.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #4
Grod314
Update: Shes now doing fine, i think the problem was lying in thr fact something was wrong with her nutrition because as soon as i dropped back the feeding a bit her entire attitude changed

Old 03-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
elena
Great!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!