early hatching - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 07:02 AM   #1
hhmoore
early hatching

my first clutch (of this year) pipped early yesterday . I was a bit surprised, as I wasn't expecting to see those little heads for at least another week. they are jc/diamond Xs (from a 3/4 diamond x jc/diamond), and they were only at 47 days. I thought 55-60 days was the norm. when I get home this morning, that group should be out of their eggs & ready for inspection. I do have a question, but it is premature at this point...think I will wait til either it is an issue of concern, or a non-issue, before asking.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:51 AM   #2
gmherps
Congratulations!!! PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
hhmoore
just tried to attach pic - file is to large. I know there is a way to shrink it, I just don't know how (still fairly computer illiterate)

Old 05-03-2005, 08:33 AM   #4
robin d.
if you have paint open it in paint... then go to "images" then "sketch/skew" and then in the strech area put in the % you want to shrink it down... if it is still too large or too small you can always go to "edit" and "undo" it... make sure both %'s are the same so the pic doesnt come out all weird looking

Old 05-03-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
robin d.
oh yeah then go to "files" and click "save as" made sure it is in jpg. format (it has a bittle scroll down menu to pick from, jps files are smaller than bmp.s and gifs)

Old 05-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #6
hhmoore
first peek

ok, lets try this

Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 AM   #7
hhmoore
thanks, robin

Old 05-03-2005, 08:52 AM   #8
hhmoore
of course, you may have just helped create a monster. I trust somebody will tell me if I get carried away with pics, lol

Old 05-03-2005, 09:57 AM   #9
robin d.
congrats on the hatchlings!!!! and i am glad to see you got it... post more!!!

Old 05-04-2005, 02:17 AM   #10
hhmoore
guess I should have just asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I do have a question, but it is premature at this point...think I will wait til either it is an issue of concern, or a non-issue, before asking.
I used to know the answer to this one but, after my 7-8 years off, I'm a bit rusty. At what point should you consider slitting unpipped eggs? I'm pretty sure that I recall the eggs of any given clutch pipping within 24 hr of one another. At 36 hrs after finding these guys, I still had 2 unopened eggs. I had mixed feelings about manually slitting them, especially since they were about a week early by the calendar (47 days as previously stated), but one had definite score marks visible. I carefully slit each one and opened them enough to see that there was a fully formed baby in each. I did not mess with them further, but i didn't see any movement. I won't know the status of those last 2 til I get home in the morning, but should I have intervened sooner (or should I have just let them be)? Honestly, if I hadn't noticed the 2 attempted slits in the one egg, I'm not sure that I would have stepped in yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread