Bad Guy Beware of "Exotic Aquatics and Pets" in Kendallville, Indiana! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Amelanistic Orca
I'd grab the initiative... I mean.. Grab an employee, or better yet.. The Boss Man, or Girl. And imaginatively, by the ear, show them all of this

Old 09-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Stray
Call your local animal control and animal welfare groups immediately! Those pictures are absolutely heinous and there is no reason a place like this should still be in business! Post these photos everywhere from sites like this (kudos!) to your local forums and clubs. If this place cannot change immediately, then they simply do not deserve to be a place of business. They have no right to be profiting at the expense of these animals' lives. This is horrific husbandry AT BEST. Housing multiple species together (that ball and dumeril's have no reason to share a tank), offering animals for sale that are obviously in horrible shape (how they expect to sell a dead frog and a mouth-rotting BP are BEYOND me), are horrible excuses of animal keeping. How people can call themselves enthusiasts while committing these atrocities is far beyond the range of my comprehension.

Good for you for taking pictures and drawing attention to this. You could be saving these animals' lives by alerting local authorities to these conditions.

Given that this is the BOI, however, I must ask, does this place have a Fauna account and/or have they been notified of this thread so that they can (somehow, magically, desperately) defend themselves? Although I cannot imagine any possible, plausible excuse for not giving the animals potable water.

I would contact your local business bureau and animal control ASAP. Animal Control will likely give them a set period of time to fix the problems and will then check back in. If the problems are not solved, action will be taken. Even if they choose to fix the cosmetics of the shop to appease AC, if you and others keep taking pictures and reporting them, they will have to do something.

Again, good on you for taking photos and caring enough to report this. As a reptile keeper and lover, I appreciate it a great deal. If I am EVER in the area of their store, I can assure you, I will never do business with them as they have certainly proved themselves unworthy.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #13
aSnakeLovinBabe
I left this on their page about a hour ago... With a link to the thread and a status directing others to their page. Needless to say.... They are aware this thread is here and within the hour my comment is missing??? Hmmmmm.... That is strange -.-

I don't live anywhere near there yet I am upset enough to want to help do what it takes to make these poor excuses for human life clean up their act.

Sometimes it ashames me to be a member of the same species as people when I realize humans are capable of sinking this low.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #14
aSnakeLovinBabe
Oh I should add the only reason I was able to take that screen cap at 12:33 was because I left the page loaded in my browser. When I refreshed I didn't see it...

Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
aSnakeLovinBabe
Nevermind... Apparently my phone is not loading their page correctly as from a computer it is still visible. My bad! I wonder if they will respond? Or just delete it and block me.... At any rate I hope those poor animals get the help they need....

Old 09-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #16
Kurohyo
Peculiar that there are only a few negative criticisms on their Facebook page. Seems like there would be more considering this thread. Anywho, my two cents for them

Old 09-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #17
aSnakeLovinBabe
They responded to me. I'm going to tell them if they are so certain they have cleaned up to post pictures/video tomorrow morning with tomorrow's dated newspaper.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #18
Avilla Reptiles
I am the one that contacted her about the dead gecko with shed stuck to its head, with other geckos in horrible shape living in that tank, plus all the other things in that store, I was a regular there for my feeders, so Ive seen the condition of this store go down hill fast twice now. first time we brought this to their attention for them to take care of, its now obvious that they will not change. they should not be allowed to have these animals in their care. period.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #19
ronritzer
Thats just really sad...they should be arrested in my opinion.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #20
reptilenut69
I thought there were laws against this stuff. I know in philly we have a lot of people to call even the tv stations

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!