Bad Guy Mark Lenor, user name: marklenor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
Big Time Reptiles
Mark Lenor, user name: marklenor

Advertising Lace monitors here on Fauna~~

"Cute Male and Female baby Lace Monitors for sale,with no cosmetic issues and, Easy Keeper. Selling Sound and Healthy! Can pick up or i will be happy to Assist with shipping if needed. For more details and pictures ,please contact directly via email or text this number.
Prefer paypal payment ,cash,or amazon gift card
786-548-2135"..

The phone # is a Google number and message, his voice message is foreign..

Read his ad, it spells scam...

I'd avoid him like the plague...

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 08-28-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
JimM
And I thought it was just me ... but I think anything is a scam anymore

Old 08-28-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
And I thought it was just me ... but I think anything is a scam anymore

It's definitely becoming common place.

Definitely getting to a point to where the only safe deals are with those we know, or with those that have an impeccable reputation..

It's a Sad state of affairs.....

With the BOI going down next February, It'll definitely be "BUYER BEWARE", not that it's not now....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 08-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #4
JimM
I'm about to place an ad and it will be a local delivery only ... meeting at a rest stop or restaraunt but definitely not a show ... the way we did it 'back in the day' . Waaaaaay back in the day , LOL.

You're right about the problems the BOI closing will bring. Though Rich said he thinks it's not needed anymore, I think something like it is needed MORE THAN EVER.

I'm still hoping that there will be an even tougher successor after the BOI is gone. If not, the honest people in this are done ... unless they all go back to personal meetings, etc.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:19 PM   #5
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
I'm about to place an ad and it will be a local delivery only ... meeting at a rest stop or restaraunt but definitely not a show ... the way we did it 'back in the day' . Waaaaaay back in the day , LOL.

You're right about the problems the BOI closing will bring. Though Rich said he thinks it's not needed anymore, I think something like it is needed MORE THAN EVER.

I'm still hoping that there will be an even tougher successor after the BOI is gone. If not, the honest people in this are done ... unless they all go back to personal meetings, etc.

Jim, back in the day it was done through the airlines, mainly U.S. Air, (they were very reasonably priced) and we found the critters on price lists, that were mailed, or we called the dealers in Florida, New York, California, etc. and asked what they had available. Then came the internet, and with that came any one could be any one they wanted too be, hence the SCAMMER'S....

Those days are gone, and won't return.

The old timers have seen the best of times, and the new comers will never experience the best of times, we've seen.

As far as meeting in person, that's great, "IF" you both live reasonably close, what to do if the sale or purchase is coast to coast, or border to border? There's no good answer, or solution, just research the best you can.....

JMHO..........
Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 08-28-2019, 09:39 PM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
The member has been banned. There are inconsistencies with the registration details, the IP address is associated with spammer attacks, the location information is specious (a crock, really), the biography section's styling is common to similar scam/spam attempts here, the email address for the user is in both puppy and cat scam ads, and the photos in the lace monitor ad are stolen. Then there is the species discrepancy....

Old 08-28-2019, 09:46 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
As far as meeting in person
They take your money and run
They beat the stuffing out of you and take your money and car and run
They pay with counterfeit money
They do artistic things with paint and your red dragon is a nice critter but mousy brown after its first bath the next morning

Quote:
Though Rich said he thinks it's not needed anymore
The decline in financial support for the BOI was writing on the wall that people did not value it enough to support Rich's work and effort with memberships. (I am not speaking of the wonderful, loyal supporters who have bought memberships for decades and even now support the site) He might have had to use his savings to defend our right to leave opinions and reviews if there were threats of legal action or the actions themselves. People were happy to avail themselves of it for free whenever it suited them, however, and there is a great wailing and gnashing of teeth now that they will no longer have free services. Yes, people are saying how much need there is for the site, but they want Rich to work for free and have not been willing to buy memberships.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:53 PM   #8
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
[i][b]

As far as meeting in person, that's great, "IF" you both live reasonably close, what to do if the sale or purchase is coast to coast, or border to border? There's no good answer, or solution, just research the best you can.....

JMHO..........
Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
This is why I breed very few animals now ... or buy much. I just deal with a few close friends or those that they endorse which cuts down what I now do herp-wise considerably.

I can do this now because I've worked with pretty much everything I wanted - except Bushmasters - in nearly 50 years. There are still things I want but have to remind myself about what am I going to do with the babies ... so either talk myself out of it or buy one animal and not a pair.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!