Bad Guy Evan Stahl STAY AWAY! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #41
evansnakes
I just went back and counted 20 emails with this customer so that tells you how edited his version of events and how much he is leaving out. He emailed me two weeks after getting the snake and told me it was the wrong snake. did not give me a chance to do anything.

I told him simply from the absolutely horrible pic he sent me that it looked like the same head pattern to me. At that point he came here and posted this. His email was never blocked or I certainly would not have been able to share the threats and other bs he sent me. I have not ever called him any names or been rude to him at all, in fact even if I wanted to I was never given a chance. I had two females for sale, sold one and he got the other. Then I had another one for sale the following weeks. I get 3-6 shipments of reptiles every week. I buy from my colubrid breeder just about every week.

If he didn't like the snake he could of nicely asked for a refund or to send it back or whatever but instead he just got crazy over the fact that I told him I could not see very much in his pis as it was very poor quality. He had a temper tantrum because I said his picture was bad and then posted here. He is immature, has a big ego and a miserable attitude.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #42
Snake-Queen
Evan, would you post all the emails? (edited of course) I see that the emails the OP posted are missing several in between.

Or, OP post ALL emails.

Also, the screen shot posted of your convo with a friend is hearsay (or a third party quote) , unless the friends name is revealed.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #43
ZFelicien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Evan, would you post all the emails? (edited of course) I see that the emails the OP posted are missing several in between.

Or, OP post ALL emails.

Also, the screen shot posted of your convo with a friend is hearsay (or a third party quote) , unless the friends name is revealed.

This whole thing has gone on long enough for me... Wasted too much time on it as is... There aren't 20email btwn us there are about 6 before I got my animal and 3 after that all of which he's super short with his replies... According to this site I should show names but omit curse words to validate my point that I was sent the wrong animal?

I opted not to get his hypos because he could provide pictures... I sent $$$ expecting to get one thing and got another (that simple...) When I approached him for a resolution he denied it claimed he had two females; but didnt have two when he was shipping; but he sent me the nicer of the ONE snake she had to pick from???? Can most people even read!??! "you" ask a seller for a specific snake yet he sends you his preference not what you asked for???

I offered my experience so someone else wouldn't get sucker by him and I shouldn't have honestly: infractions on this site... Being called a liar, hear-say, etc... And I'm still the one that got screwed at the end of the day???? take what I've provided as you may (really don't care anymore), I'm done spending time on such a MASSIVE waste of space.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #44
hhmoore
Offering your experience and earning infractions have nothing to do with one another. If you had posted within the rules of the site, you wouldn't have infractions...doesn't get much simpler than that.
Similarly, people can thing that Evan was wrong for sending you a different snake without getting your approval, and still think you were out of line sending him the email that you posted. This isn't a situation where people have to choose sides - readers will review what is posted, & form opinions (about either person, or both) accordingly.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #45
hhmoore
Quote:
Similarly, people can think that....
Quote:
you were out of line sending him the email that was posted
stupid typos

Old 08-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #46
KcTrader
The heck with the upset customer and Evan Stahl. The main problem I have is that Evan Stahl illegally shipped a snake through UPS! Anyone else see a problem with that???

Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #47
KcTrader

Old 08-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #48
nickolasanastasiou
Illegally or against UPS policy? Big difference. Just curious. I would not know.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #49
dinosaurdammit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Illegally or against UPS policy? Big difference. Just curious. I would not know.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/animals.html

Shipping Live Animals
UPS provides service on a limited basis for packages containing some types of live animals. The term "animal" as used herein refers to anything living, except plants. While the list of "Accepted Live Animals" provided herein is an exhaustive list of animals that can be offered for transportation in accordance with the conditions listed, the list of "Prohibited Live Animals" is only a partial list of animals provided to clarify specific species that are not accepted for transportation and may not be shipped via UPS. Any animal not specifically listed on the "Accepted Live Animals" list is prohibited by UPS and will not be accepted for transportation.

Packages containing live animals must be prepared in accordance with the requirements as specifically stated herein. Packages containing live animals must provide for the basic humane care and safety of the animal during transportation. Any package containing a live animal shall be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper´s risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.

In the event a package containing a prohibited item is found en route or in the UPS system, that package will be stopped at the location or UPS facility of the discovery. UPS reserves the right to dispose of the package.

Endangered or Threatened Species
In addition to the Prohibited Live Animals list provided here, any live animal that is an Endangered Species is prohibited by UPS and will not be accepted for transportation. Shippers must refer to the list posted on the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Web site, and the Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants 50 CFR 17.11 and 17.12, December 1999 (pdf file).

Service Type
Live animals will only be accepted for transportation when shipped by any UPS service that guarantees delivery the next day.

Packaging
Design and Construction of the Primary Container: All live animals offered for transportation must be in a new box. Corrugated boxes must be constructed of a minimum of 275 # bursting strength corrugated or 44 edge crush test. It is recommended that any package containing animals requiring moisture during transportation be constructed of water-resistant material such as wax coated, wax impregnated, or plastic corrugated. Minimal ventilation holes should be provided as necessary.

Internal Packaging and Other Considerations: Internal packaging materials must be used based on the characteristics of the animal, taking into consideration the necessary humane care for the animal while in transportation. Lizards and geckos should be individually contained in bags constructed of breathable material, such as burlap. Insects should be contained in individual primary containers such as plastic jars with ventilation. Fish must be double bagged in strong plastic bags with a minimum thickness of 4 mils. Each primary bag should be approximately one third full of water with the remainder filled with oxygen.

Package Testing: Any packaging used or developed to transport animals should be submitted to an International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) certified package testing laboratory for pre-shipment testing in accordance with ISTA Procedure 3A before being offered for transportation.

Additional Considerations: Additional components such as food, moisture, and temperature controls should be added as necessary to provide a safe environment during transportation. Additional dunnage should be added to prevent movement of the primary containers or receptacles within the outer box.

Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals
Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.

Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads
Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp
Fish (All)
Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs
Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails
Reptiles (Limited to the following):
- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles
Worms (All)

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous

Quote:
Prohibited Live Animals: Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous

Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #50
nickolasanastasiou
That is not quite the answer to my exact question, but it does appear to be against UPS policy (which I knew). It is illegal, though, as has been asserted? I so far have half of my answer (as before).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!