For Sale Eastern Indigo 2016 available Male and Female - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes

Notices

Old 01-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #11
ruiz.products
Am I allowed to have these in Las Vegas, Nevada?

Old 01-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #12
Its_JoeyHello
beautiful, black indigos you have! next on my list

Old 01-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #13
Ghanakis
hmm so tempted

Old 01-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #14
isoglut
Eastern Indigo Permit

I don't know of any reason why you can't own an Indigo. Some cities may have unique laws about "large" or venomous snakes. I would not be the expert in your area.

The sale or transfer of a CB Eastern Indigo across state lines would require a permit.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #15
isoglut
Male sold
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-19-2017, 10:41 PM   #16
Its_JoeyHello
how much for a local pick up on the female?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:58 PM   #17
isoglut
Asking $1075
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #18
isoglut
One 2016 female eastern indigo available.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #19
isoglut
All 2016 Sold!! 2017 in the incubator now.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-20-2017, 02:55 AM   #20
stevet
Actually, the rumor that the Takata animals were purchased from Bruce and sold as different stock isnt true. I can definitively vouch for that since I am Takata. There WAS a rumor that the last year of Seib's animals were purchased from Bruce and sold as Seib's and that may be what you are thinking about. Robert Seib's breeders stopped producing back around 2004, and thats around when that occurred. Since Robert Seib tried to buy my babies (and actually the EGGS!), this does not strike me as especially implausible. If youre in doubt that I was producing dozens of animals per year, and they are not Bruce's line (which I applaud you for avoiding), you can verify that with any of the old timers at the East Bay Vivarium if it makes you feel better about the animals.

However... I would stay away from Bruce animals like the plague. If you havent been in indigos long, you can search the Kingsnake forums back in maybe 2005 or so, where Robert Bruce and I engaged in a fairly heated debate about his severe inbreeding practices, of which he apparently understands nothing. As a biologist by profession, I tried to educate him about inbreeding depression but it didnt work... Now to be fair, two of my original 15 adult breeders were from him, but were produced in the early 2000s (2001, I think) before his "red throat" kick, when he began inbreeding in a big way. I got a couple of his black animals when he was purging them from his colony, which was also before I realized how he was beginning to inbreed his snakes. The rest of my breeders were from Dean, Doug Taylor, Seib (produced in the 90s), and some of unknown origins from the east coast, so extremely unlikely to be Bruce's animals. So although I want to begin another colony, Im very hesitant because so many of his animals, likely with very high levels of homozygosity, are out there, and I dont want any of them in my collection. Thats my 2 cents on the issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
babies, baby, drymarchon, eastern indigo snake, female