Terd Ferguson (HerpExpert) Herpetology101 - Inquiry - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #51
Chameleon Company
Regarding all arrows that seem to point to Herp 101 (used loosely to refer to whomever the entity is) as being a reincarnation, along the lines of "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck ... its a duck", one thing we also have not seen yet are complaints. While still a fairly new entity, and maybe its just a matter of time, the track record is OK so far. I realize too that many complaints never reach the BOI, but if this entity has problems, the problems will come to light soon enough. I would still recommend caution, and my own guide is to deal with no one unless I can verify who they are, especially some amorphous entity hiding behind "feel-good" assurances.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #52
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Heilbrunn
Well, I don't have time to look it up, but for this guy to be a RA, then 101 would need to be registered as a corporation or fictitious name with the Florida Department of State/Corporations......

http://www.sunbiz.org/corpweb/inquiry/search.html

I tried looking up "herpetology" under these 3 catagories and came up empty handed. None of the businesses listed showed Herpetology let alone Herpetology101 in their name.

Corporations, Trademarks, Limited Partnerships, & Limited Liability Companies

Fictitious Names

Limited Liability & General Partnerships

Likewise when I ran searches under the Ted Ferguson name (searched Ferguson, T) nothing came up.. not even a Terd Ferguson.. or even a Theodore in case Ted was a nick name.

Adrian

Old 12-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #53
Bill & Amy
What, still no answer from Terd?

Old 12-16-2006, 06:35 AM   #54
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Not a word.
That tells me all that I need to know.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:49 PM   #55
LauraB
I think I figured it out

After carefully viewing and comparing ads, photos and feedback of Terd Ferguson-HerpExpert-Herpetology101 (plus 2 more different IDs) at Fauna, Reptile Auctions and KS, I do believe I know who our mystery man is. There are many common elements and "coincidences" shared by the ads at all three sites, by all identities..at least that I found.

Of course my conclusion is nothing more than putting 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 together, and since I've never done business with this individual, have never communicated with this individual and have never read nor heard anything negative about this individual or his business...and since I could be wrong, I will refrain from posting who I think he is. In fact, I was able to dig up a good guy post here about him. (it also might be he and a partner working together)

BUT, pictures tell a thousand words; words speak loud and clear, and I do believe he is who he would ceem to be.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 PM   #56
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Looks like the Terd has been flushed away.

Could this be another scammer wiped out?

Old 12-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #57
Tsutton5
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
After carefully viewing and comparing ads, photos and feedback of Terd Ferguson-HerpExpert-Herpetology101 (plus 2 more different IDs) at Fauna, Reptile Auctions and KS, I do believe I know who our mystery man is. There are many common elements and "coincidences" shared by the ads at all three sites, by all identities..at least that I found.

Of course my conclusion is nothing more than putting 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 together, and since I've never done business with this individual, have never communicated with this individual and have never read nor heard anything negative about this individual or his business...and since I could be wrong, I will refrain from posting who I think he is. In fact, I was able to dig up a good guy post here about him. (it also might be he and a partner working together)

BUT, pictures tell a thousand words; words speak loud and clear, and I do believe he is who he would ceem to be.
THAT WAS A BUNCH OF NOTHING THAT YOU SAID.....

Old 12-18-2006, 04:53 PM   #58
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutton5

A big tease huh lol

Adrian

Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #59
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutton5
LOL ... as opposed to the above.

Actually, I said by comparing ads, text, photos, etc, his identity might easily be ascertained. There also was a significant clue in my post, but obviously you didn't catch it.

You're right about one thing, brevity ain't my strongest asset.

Adrian...LOL. Everybody loves a riddle!

Old 12-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #60
jnjreptile
He's back!
There is a bunch of new adds up on the front page from herpexpert, and herpetology 101. Just a heads up.

J&J REPTILES

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!