'07 Borrego Rosy Babies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Roy Munson
'07 Borrego Rosy Babies

I got my pair of Borrego rosy boas less than a month and a half ago in a great deal with Michael Rehker (uf_g8or) from Middle Tennessee Reptiles. Michael told me that he had seen them hook up a few times, but he didn't know if the female was pregnant. She refused her last meal, and she was staying away from the warm side of her tub, from which she'd hardly strayed since I got her. These are signs that a female's about to give birth, so I've been checking her daily.

Last night I looked in on her and I saw her tail. Then I saw another tail. I looked closer and saw a mini-rosy looking back at me. There were four in all. The pics are numbered. The presumed males are the odd-numbered babies. Sex determination was based on tail length alone, so I could be wrong. I thought I got a good price on the pair, but it turned out to be an excellent price for six Borregos!
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Roy Munson
One more pic:
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #3
AncientDNA
Great stuff!!!

That's awesome man!
So he hooked them up in, like, January?
This is the earliest litter I've heard of. Great stuff!
I'd be interested in a male if you're interested in parting w/any...

Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
markface
they look sweet !! congrats ! i got to get me some more rosy's .

Old 06-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDNA
That's awesome man!
So he hooked them up in, like, January?
This is the earliest litter I've heard of. Great stuff!
I'd be interested in a male if you're interested in parting w/any...
Thanks John! I'm no rosy expert, but I thought I'd read somewhere that the coastals went even later than the Mexicans, so this was a surprise.

I think I should have a male for you. I'll PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markface
they look sweet !! congrats ! i got to get me some more rosy's.
Thanks a lot, Mark. I'm mostly a colubrid guy, but I love these rosys. I need to get some more of them too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!