Please Help!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Tobyyy_Twiztid
Please Help!!

I have a female corn who just dropped 6 slugs but it feels like shes eggbound with 2a in her. They are only about as big as a marble maybe a bit bigger. I can not see the eggs from the outside but can deel them if i gently press down on her. Shes still spending all her time in the lay box and is very defensive. Is it possible she has fertile eggs still developing? She was with my male s bit over a month ago. I dont want to have to get her surgery but will if i must. This my first time sttempting to breed so im just very concerned. Any ideas on what to do???

Old 06-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
angie.h
Toby, you need to post this in either the corn snake or veterinarian forums. This forum is for persons who are inquiring about a business or seller's reputation to get feedback or to post a recommendation or a bad experience. One of the mods. may move this, or you can p.m. one of them. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, I'm not a snake owner.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Tobyyy_Twiztid
If they move it its fine with me as long as i can possibly find some advice.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
chrisis697
Mabe try soaking her in a warm water bath. Ive read that usually helps them pass and actually had an experience with a friends burmese that had trouble passing a few. It was about 3 days later and none of those eggs made it. So the eggs may not be viable but the female wont be in danger anymore. good luck

Old 06-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
how long ago did she stop laying? Sometimes it takes time for them to all get out. A warm bath will be a good idea as long as she's not too stressed out. Honestly I'd recommend a vet visit simply because I lost a boa (live birth) that was slug bound because I waited too long to get her in and the dead tissues inside caused her to get septic. We did try soaking, manual palpitation and enema before it was to go to surgery so there are some options.

good luck!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
Tobyyy_Twiztid
It has only been 36at hours since her last egg dropped i soaked her alreadybut again it hasnt even been 2at days yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!