Trade 800+ gram female desert ghost - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Ball Pythons

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Sadistic Dragon
800+ gram female desert ghost

Have a gorgeous female desert ghost that I traded for a few months ago, but had a change in plan for my projects so she will not be needed. If you check NERD's site you will see a better description of them and also the value of them.
http://newenglandreptile.com/nerd/in...ert-ghost.html
She has beautiful solid black eyes, clear belly, and nice creme color with blushing all around her. Due to her coloring, pattern and eyes I am about 50% sure she carries the dominant gene, I was told she does, but you can't be too trusting of people at shows when they don't offer genetic guarantees, however the recessive gene when mixed with lemon pastel on nerd's site is going for 8,500. It cost me over $2,500 in trade to get her, so I am looking for around that. Looking for both male and female bumblebees,female pinstripes and cinnamons, and female pastels all i would prefer to be over 1500 grams. You ship first, but if you live around 200 miles away might be willing to meet halfway. I have been know to drive to New Jersey to pick up a snake, and I am in Virginia, so we can work something out.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 11-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Earthworks
yeah the desert ghost is always recessive and by 800 grams would most likely show much starker coloration/contrast than that +the dominant desert is a completely different morph...you might wanna figure out what ya got there first if you paid/traded $2500...

Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Dave26
That's not a desert or a desert ghost

Old 11-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Sadistic Dragon
If you look at the photos on the link I posted, she looks like that. I had bad lighting so she doen't look like the one off of their site, but she's got all of the coloring and characteristics of the desert ghost. Mind you it has nothing to do the the desert moprhs or ghost morphs, it is a morph of it's own.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Earthworks
im confused, you said it was a desert ghost, then possibly a dominant desert, now its neither but a morph of its own?

Old 11-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
dustinNMpythons
Yes we know what you are saying that it has nothing to do with the desert or the ghost morphs. A desert ghost is a recessive trait but the snake pictured looks nothing like a desert ghost. I am 100% positive it isn't a desert ghost, maybe a het but without paperwork I would contact whoever you bought her off of and get my money back!!! Here's a picture of a desert ghost off of Nerd's website.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
Sadistic Dragon
If you read the site they say that it can either be dominant or recessive depending on the lineage. On page 92 of John Berry's "Designer-Morphs Volume one: Ball Python & Boa Constrictors A guide to mutations and variations" "Desert-ghosts start out life as bright yellow and black babies with faded heafs. As they grow their colour slowly changes into more of a pale yellow, off-white with velvet black stripes" It continues on saying "Due to their color change be careful who you purchase desert-ghosts from. If from an unproven line, this is one of the morphs that could easilt turn out to be something else(as happened with the original desert-balls)." I have brought this to several local dealers and breeders and they all agree it is a desert ghost.
1. Solid black eyes- thats not a typical trait of a normal snake
2. Clear belly- yes I agree the photos aren't as good as i would like them to be but her belly IS clear
3. the blushing across the body
if you aren't interested in the snake fine, but don't claim it's not what it is until you have held it and looked at it first hand
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
dustinNMpythons
I could easily trade for it and would if it was a legit desert ghost but I am 100% positive that in my personal oppinion this is NOT a desert ghost and no desert ghost is not either dominant or recessive depending on lineage. Desert Ghost is a recessive gene and there is a desert which is a dominant gene. Get your facts straight before you start saying it could be either one. they are two totally different genes. I've made my point on here I won't argue it any further.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
Sadistic Dragon
Directly from the NERD site.
Desert Ghost Ball Python

Mutation: Primary
Color

Genetics
Dominant or recessive,
depending on lineage

First Produced
Reptile Industries (2003)
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
tomb9712
Can you take some better pics? Not saying for sure it isn't what you say it is just need some better pics before i'd even consider making an offer.