Good Guy Daniel Parker of Sunshine Serpents - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
turtlemom
Thumbs up Daniel Parker of Sunshine Serpents

I purchsed a common musk turtle from Daniel. He was very responsive to my inquiries and questions -- returned my call and replied to my emails promptly -- and courteous and informative. The payment process (via PayPal) was smooth and trouble-free. The turtle was shipped promptly and arrived in an excellent condition. I would buy from Daniel/Sunshine Serpents again.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
serpentgal
Well
I puchased alot of snakes from dan. Almost everything regurged on the first feeding and one snake that was emaciated from the time I opened the box died within 3 days, so I retuned all of them within one week. He has not returned my phone calls he has all of his snakes back and will not give me my money or even contact me. He owes me $2500 and I dont recomend anyone buys anything from him. He took my $2500 and went on his honeymoon to mexico. No doubt he has spent my hard earned dollars. Dan is also in huge debt with collections all over he lives with his mom and does not have the resources to compensate me or anyone for that matter. Be careful dealing with him. He is a snake in the grass. You cant hide forever dan.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
serpentgal
musk turtles

Common musk turtles are all over Va. My boyfriend finds them all the time and lets them go. No one should sell turtles caught from the wild or buy them for that matter. Even though its legal it encourages bad behavior, overcollecting and brings potently harmful disease and parasites into our herp community. If you cannot produce them you shouldnt be selling them. If you really like turtles, not just looking at them in a tank but really like them, then please only buy captive bred turtles from a reliable breeder, not a poacher like dan.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
SunshineSerpents
Sunshine Serpents would like to thank our customers and BOI participants for reports on their experiences with Sunshine Serpents. We would like to thank “turtlemom” for her kind comments. We have received numerous positive reviews over the years on this and other internet forums and have enjoyed the support of some of the most well respected names in the industry. We strive to provide our customers with some of the best service and highest quality products available.

Recently, we have been dealing with a very strange situation with a customer named Fred Herman who resides in Virginia. He has posted here as “serpentgal” in an apparent attempt to conceal his identity. The information he posted is slanderous and dishonest. Fred Herman has threatened violence, theft, trespassing, and has made numerous harassing phone calls. Unfortunately, we are limited in our comments at this time because of pending legal actions. We were advised to post this excerpt from our official statement here:

“This complaint is being filed by Daniel Parker against Fred Herman. Fred Herman has threatened violence, theft, trespassing, and has made numerous harassing phone calls.

I own the small business Sunshine Serpents. I sell reptiles online and at reptile shows. April 23rd Sunshine Serpents shipped a package containing several snakes to Fred Herman. The package was sent overnight and arrived April 24th. I was married on April 25th and left on Honeymoon for a week in Wisconsin. I did not have access to my cell phone at that time. Fred Herman left several irate and threatening messages while I was away.

Fred Herman claimed that one of the snakes died in his care several days after shipment. He was apparently angry at my lack of response to his messages while I was away on my honeymoon and he threatened to come to my facilty to seek retribution. He also said he was going to send back all of the snakes he had gotten from me. On May 8th, I attempted to contact him and my call was directed to his voice mail. In my message, I told him I would refund him the cost of the snake that died if he emailed me a picture of the dead snake. I told him not to send any other snakes back unsolicited. I also told him not to come on our property or he would be arrested. He never emailed a picture of the dead snake.

On May 11, Fred Herman shipped out a box of snakes. Reptile shipments are supposed to be done overnight only and for the safety of the animals. They also should not be shipped in extreme temperatures. A box of snakes sent UPS second day arrived at around 4:45 p.m. on May 13. The temperature here was over 90 degrees F. The package was opened and it was discovered that most of the snakes were dead because of extreme heat. The ones that did not die in shipment died soon after because of overheating. They had been packaged improperly with several small snakes in a plastic container with no bedding and several other loose in the box. There was no cold pack in the package to moderate the temperature.

In subsequent phone messages he claimed that the snake that was sick and had infected his collection. He said he would be charging me for all of the snakes that were sick or dead and he would work up a tab, which as of now he is claiming is over $2000.00. He says if I do not pay him, he will in his words “split me open.” He has threatened to come on my property and steal my animals as well as physical violence at my facility, if he meets me at a reptile show, or in his words “a dark alley.”

End quote.

Sunshine Serpents adheres to industry standard guarantees as posted on our website www.sunshineserpents.com . Please see the sales and shipping page or contact us if you have any questions. The vast majority of our shipments go smoothly and successfully, but in the rare event that there is a mishap, we are happy to work with the customer to make things right. However, we can not deal with customers that threaten violence, theft, trespassing, and make harassing phone calls. In such instances, we will let law enforcement handle the situation.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
serpentgal
what?

First of all... If Fred is out there please e-mail me so we can talk. Im very sorry to hear what happened to you and Id like to get your side. Second , dan its my husband Doug who put in the order for our snakes with you. You dont know me at all Ive never spoke or communicated with you in anyway. You have never contacted me or my husband about the problem we have. I am very interested however in this other problem youre having it sounds alot like you did the same thing to someone else and now you busted yourself!! It would be funny if you didnt owe us so much money. However I am sorry for talking shit. I was out of line a bit and I do apologize. I dont want to turn this into a Dramatic thread. This site is for business and information. Its not a civil court and no matter how much we argue no one will benefit financially from it. That being said I have been asked by my spouse to stay out of the situation. And dan odds are someone is not going to go out of their way to hurt you unless if you really did do something horrible to them so ..If you didnt screw anybody stop acting so paranoid. My husband has been threatened several times by punks online and they never make due because they know they are in the wrong. Why dont you contact us soon dan. We can still try to work things out so we can at least be neutral.
Kaytlin serpentgal@live.com

Old 06-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
homegrownherps
serpentgal....

.... if these animals were in such poor condition, you certainly must have taken some photos...I think showing some photos of the animals would go a long way as proof of your claims.

A time line of when the snakes arrived and when you sent them back would also help.

What do the turtles in VA. have to do with your transaction with Dan ?

Daniel.... if your transaction was with Fred, why is serpentgal posting, isnt there some sort of third party posting rule here on the BOI ?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Southerncat
serpentgal...can you give details of your deal with Daniel, like when, for what animals, emails ect?

Can we get a IP Check...please???

Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
joschan88
kathy call me

Hi kathy its chaser. I cant believe he did that to you. You reffered me to him! Anyway call me soon I lost you guys number. I ll help vouge for you any way I can. You guys have really taken good care of me and I know how you work.
Im so sorry to hear about this really. Ill email you my new number. The albino tangarine female I got last year is about to lay eggs!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by joschan88 View Post
Hi kathy its chaser. I cant believe he did that to you. You reffered me to him! Anyway call me soon I lost you guys number. I ll help vouge for you any way I can. You guys have really taken good care of me and I know how you work.
Im so sorry to hear about this really. Ill email you my new number. The albino tangarine female I got last year is about to lay eggs!!!

And the relevance to this post is ??????

Old 06-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerncat View Post
Can we get a IP Check...please???
Isn't THIS interesting...we have a match:

joschan88 70.18.152.169 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
serpentgal 70.18.152.169 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!