Good Morning Neighbor! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Good Morning Neighbor!

What a wonderfull wakeup call. Wish I had one of them right about now, got a neighbor giving us grief right now
Here's the link, enjoy!

http://news.aol.com/article/alligato...rstep%2F445194

Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
Tiger Lilly
Those were some great photos...unfortunately, that happens more & more! It wouldn't be so bad if they were friendly & you could just pet the little darlin's.
About 13 yrs ago, my son caught one on a fishing line, in my front yard pond. Wouldn't you know Fish & Game wouldn't come out because when they asked me how big it was, I told them "about 3 feet or so, I guess." They don't deal with anything under FOUR feet--nevermind the fact that I didn't want the poor thing to end up walking around with a hook in its mouth, or the fact that I had young kids, AND IT WAS IN MY YARD! At that point, I tried to convince them that it could be over 4 ft (you know how bad women are at measuring), but they wouldn't buy it.
We finally came to terms with it the following year & a couple after that, when it showed up again & again. It was the same one--had a hole in the bottom of its jaw (even before my son caught it on his line!) & was missing part of one foot.
I felt so bad that I didn't bother calling F&G anymore...just kept a better eye on the boys & told them not to mess with it. When it wasn't in the yard it stayed in the ditch across the road. I don't know what ever happened to it; we haven't seen it in years.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Aww that's so sad I hope he's okay.
Up here in the frozen north we don't have any critters like that, a few garter snakes and the occasional water moccasin, salamanders and newts every now and again too.
But, we're relocating to Florida soon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!