Italian Wall Lizard care? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #21
Ameivaboy
Those are nice- related to ameivas and tegus. Needs lots of room to dart around the enclosure and likes to dig! I wish my climate would suit them.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #22
fishkeeper
I did not know there was a colony of those in florida, i have tried to keep afew of them as the males are so nice looking but i only have one female left out of 4 and no males, they just seem to suddenly go down hill on me, but depending how my last female dos i might try another male.

also i finaly whent over to van island and caught afew muralis, they are realy interesting lizards and it was my first time seeing wild lizards in there "natural" habitat, wich was realy cool, they were very numerus at the place i was at and not overly afraid of people and even then they were out again in afew minutes, they do have some nice patterns as well with a couple of the males haveing a row of small blue spots on there sides and afew with a good bit of green on there backs, i wish i had taken notes and temp reading of there habitat but i was pressed for time, Iam letting them settle in a couple of 10g tanks before figureing out the sexs and putting them in there permanent homes, I will try and get some pics up if i can figure out how to post them.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #23
Ameivaboy
you should just upload your pictures to photobucket.com and use the [IMG] code it gives you. I am jealous that you got some haha.

I would have liked to see some habitat pictures too!

Def. post some pictures when you can.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #24
Fleck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameivaboy View Post
Those are nice- related to ameivas and tegus. Needs lots of room to dart around the enclosure and likes to dig! I wish my climate would suit them.
Yes the males had great color. Intially I thought wall lizards and was surprised how much color they had but laster realized local wild rainbows and he marked them correctly.

They were bit bigger than large brown anoles but wider. He caught them by empty lot that has canal that runs through it.

They are established here but I have never seen them.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #25
Fleck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeeper View Post
I did not know there was a colony of those in florida, i have tried to keep afew of them as the males are so nice looking but i only have one female left out of 4 and no males, they just seem to suddenly go down hill on me, but depending how my last female dos i might try another male.

also i finaly whent over to van island and caught afew muralis, they are realy interesting lizards and it was my first time seeing wild lizards in there "natural" habitat, wich was realy cool, they were very numerus at the place i was at and not overly afraid of people and even then they were out again in afew minutes, they do have some nice patterns as well with a couple of the males haveing a row of small blue spots on there sides and afew with a good bit of green on there backs, i wish i had taken notes and temp reading of there habitat but i was pressed for time, Iam letting them settle in a couple of 10g tanks before figureing out the sexs and putting them in there permanent homes, I will try and get some pics up if i can figure out how to post them.
Why do you think the male went downhill on you?

Maybe parasites?

They seem very active and the females seem to hate each other. Than again he has them in only 10 gallon.

They seem very hardy but yes heat lovers . The guy said last year he saw countless but this yr after the cold winter way less but still having babies so they will continue to thrive.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #26
Reptilemanshawn
Can I keep 2 in a 10 gallon or a 20 gallon long

Old 05-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #27
byrns149
these lizards can survive new york winters. we have temps of 25F all the time in the winter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!