Bad Guy Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service** - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #101
Katie.Shinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckels View Post
I agree that the OP jumped the gun, and should have done his research.

However, it seems to me that some people are somewhat off topic of the OP's post ... Isn't that against the rules in the BOI? I'm just pointing out that whenever anyone replies to any other thread, and is not on topic of the original post, aren't they reminded by mods to "take it to private messages" or "start a new thread"?

Yet a mod/member are having a pissing match over past transgressions? Seems trivial, and off topic. The rules do pertain to mod's and members correct? Practice what is preached.

Obviously this is off topic, but nobody else is speaking up.

Just my $0.02

Trey
Webslave isn't a mod, he's the owner of this site, therefore he makes the rules.

In the end, this thread is still ridiculous...

Old 06-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #102
Yaz23
Quick and simple:

1. I'm sure Rich gets an immense amount of PM's about rediculous questions that if someone were to just look they'd find the answers without having to contact him. He doesn't have time to babysit people (whether contributors or not) and help them with questions that the answers are posted everywhere. He simply sent the OP a link to the answer he was looking for. What's the big deal? Saved him time. I dont think any comments he made were rude.

2. If anyone has a 'problem' with Rich and how he runs his site then get off and stop using it. This site is FREE and if you want to contribute, you can, you dont HAVE to so stop complaining.

3. Why do people complain about something that is free? The owner of this site seemed rude so you make a bad guy thread about him? Really?

I will continue contributing to this site, it's an awesome site to be a member of and I believe Rich does a great job.

Side note for Rich: I think you need to know that people don't read now a days, they want an EXACT answer! No links, no paragraphs, just a simple sentence so it's only a few words and won't take more than a minute to comprehend! So from now on, type ALL answers out and make them simple to understand! Remember to make the reply SHORT otherwise it might not be fully understood!

Old 06-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #103
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
Rich,

Is it really possible to Ban a member who is well respected in the Reptile Forums and on his Breeding abilities? Plus he has a trader rating of 5? I have heard from many people that banning happens fast around here, and I am sure it is justified more than not...What is the BOI all about.....Vengeance or the Truth? For being a short time member, this thread has really confused me about the You and the BOI.

Regards,
Bill Rubin
THUNDERPAWS BALL PYTHONS
Yes, absolutely! People are banned from this site because of the actions they engage in while participating here. It has nothing at all to do with any aspect of how they do business or pretty much anything else considering what they do outside of these boundaries. Unless, of course, they screw me over in any sort of business transaction. One of the quickest ways to get banned here is by blatant and abusive disrespect towards this site, myself, and the moderators. If someone makes it a point to push me into developing a strong dislike for them, it's entirely possible that I may just choose to deny them the fruits of my labors that are available using this site. I don't HAVE to put up with it here. I think some people forget this fact. But honestly, sometimes I do allow such things to go on more than most people would. Fortunately my patience grows shorter the older I am getting.....

Mike's warning was about the topics he was trying hard to drag this thread to. He apparently has never recovered from our previous head bumping and is trying to use this thread as a platform to display this lingering angst he harbors. My warning was simply that this will cease, or there will be unfortunate consequences.

As for you being confused about what is going on here, well, I am sorry about that, but it is entirely up to you to figure out what is going on. However, this thread will NOT be dragged into the off topic directions that Mike wants to drag it.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #104
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckels View Post
Yet a mod/member are having a pissing match over past transgressions? Seems trivial, and off topic. The rules do pertain to mod's and members correct? Practice what is preached.

Rich (webslave) owns the website. He pays the bills that keeps it up and running. He makes the rules. He can ban anyone he doesn't like if he wants to. It is his playground to do with as he pleases.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #105
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Rich (webslave) owns the website. He pays the bills that keeps it up and running. He makes the rules. He can ban anyone he doesn't like if he wants to. It is his playground to do with as he pleases.
This is true. However, if Rich just bans anyone he doesn't like, then others will be afraid to ever speak up when there is a genuine problem. A great leader always lets others have their turn, which is exactly what he has done all along. Otherwise, he would not be a leader, but a tyrant, and nobody wants to be around one of those. So far, I think he has been more than lenient with people like the OP. Most people in WS's position would have tossed Matt out on his ear at the very beginning of this thread. Doesn't anyone have respect anymore? I think we need to find a smilie with a tie and doing a Rodney Dangerfield thing of "No Respect"...

Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #106
crotalusadamanteus
HA HA HA HA Well now. That was entertaining.

I propose everyone in this thread send the OP a PM with a link to the answer to his question. Let him get a first hand taste of what Rich and the Mods go through when people are too lazy to look, or too stupid to comprehend what they're reading.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #107
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Mike's warning was about the topics he was trying hard to drag this thread to. He apparently has never recovered from our previous head bumping and is trying to use this thread as a platform to display this lingering angst he harbors. My warning was simply that this will cease, or there will be unfortunate consequences.

As for you being confused about what is going on here, well, I am sorry about that, but it is entirely up to you to figure out what is going on. However, this thread will NOT be dragged into the off topic directions that Mike wants to drag it.
This was the first post in this thread with regards to any past altercations between us, Rich:
Quote:
Biased much, Mike?

Still have that chip on your shoulder about me since our head bumping a while back, eh?
Here's the first post regarding my other online activity:
Quote:
It is still my opinion that Mike has had a chip on his shoulder about me and this site for quite a while now, and he looks at this as his opportunity to try to inflict some damage with misinformation. I guess he believes he will earn a few extra stripes and medals for his efforts.... I'm surprised the other pseudo troops he is now buds with haven't chimed in as well.

Seriously Mike, do you THINK no one has read what you have posted elsewhere about me and this site?
I was not trying to drag this thread in any direction. I was simply responding to the statements Rich made to and about me.

With that, I'll gracefully bow out of this thread.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #108
crotalusadamanteus
Come on Mike, you're smarter then that. Here's your first post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
If I was a new member, and received that response, I probably wouldn't be too happy with it myself. Yes, he should have taken the time to look around first, but come on....the guy has less than 50 posts, and asked a question. How hard would it have been to reply by saying, "Only contributing members can post in the classified section.", and then link the thread.

Nope....he's not a customer. Contributor? Not any time soon. Am I the only one here that thinks Rich's condescension has something to do with that?

And just to be quite frank, as soon as I read it, I immediately thought of you and Rich's little spat a while back. So coming from an outsiders stance, I can see where your post makes you look like you still have a chip on your shoulder, even if you don't see it yourself.

Just FYI.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #109
Plethora Of Pythons LLC
This all boils down to an easy explanation. This is Rich's house. When you enter, you show the proper respect by following the rules. If you would walk into another's home and act like a butt, then you are asked to leave or you feel uncomfortable enough to leave. You don't walk into a man's home and disrespect him or those in his home.

Free speech? Come on, if this was your house and someone spoke bad about you, would you allow free speech or show them to the door? I know I'm not going to allow people in my home who do not respect the rules - neither should anyone else.

All of us are in a PRIVATE forum (contributors or not) and are allowed to be here by those who own it. It is their home and we should respect that.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #110
ThunderPaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
HA HA HA HA Well now. That was entertaining.

I propose everyone in this thread send the OP a PM with a link to the answer to his question. Let him get a first hand taste of what Rich and the Mods go through when people are too lazy to look, or too stupid to comprehend what they're reading.
Excuse me.......You just told everyone to spam Mikes Inbox to pay him a lesson? Isn't that a huge violation on this site.....Talk about calling out the troops.....Because if it is not I am about to throw out some ideas for people to send you......Are you kidding me....?

Bill Rubin
ThunderPaws Ball Pythons

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!