New addition - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
gardenmum
New addition

Well, I went to the pet shop to get some mice for my baby Balls about three weeks ago and found out that they had a female boa that someone abandoned on the front steps in a box. She must have been in wet bedding as her belly had signs of belly rot, and the pet shop had put her in a dry large aquarium with good heating. She was in blue when I saw her. I took her home a few days later after I got a place set up for her and she was still in blue but it was obvious that she should have shed. I soaked her in the bathtub in warm water for half an hour then went to work helping her shed her skin. The shed on her nose was at least three sheds thick and she had a large scrape wound going down her neck.

After working for 45 minutes with her I finally got all the skin off her and was she happy about that. As I was working it off, she would push against my hand, which made things much easier than if she was fighting to get away. Her belly looked puckered and funny after I was done but after a few days of resting on her heat in comfort her belly looked normal and was fine and active.

I was VERY pleased to see her eat a F/T jumbo rat without any hesitation.

Here are some pics of her and my male (who I got from the same pet shop last year). They are in the large "feeding box" so I could get good shots of them both.

She is a beautiful light color with lots of pinks, soft greys and her saddles have lots of orangy and light brown colors in them. My male, as you can see, has a rich dark saddle color with sandy colored circles and he has wonderful silver/grey sides, which you can't see well in these pics, with a stripe down his sides the color of his saddles.

Yeah, they are both "normals" but great examples in my view. I love the looks of both of them. Hopefully I will have a nice litter from them sometime in the future!
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
gardenmum
Here's more pics. There is a shot of each of their bellies. The female has a nice clean belly except for lots of pink coloration on it.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
gardenmum
Ooopps, oh well, can't put the male's belly on, I am at my quota.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Free. Just copy the and paste the IMG url once uploaded, and you can host your pictures from there. FREE!

Nice looking female. I'd have taken her too. She has some nice clean reduced markings and lots of orange showing through. Sorta pastel like. A orange tail salmon would be a good pairing for her.
I like the male too. Nice crisp pattern.

Thanks for sharing!
Rick

Old 12-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
Always love a happy story! Congrats on your new addition!

Old 12-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
gardenmum
Thank you for your replies!

Yes, I was very glad to see her nice light coloration with all the pinks and orangy tones after she was shed. I call her my "poor man's" pastel....LOL.

I do have an account with Photobucket, just didn't want to take the time to load up the pics. I guess I should do so.

Maybe I will get lucky and have some babies next spring. They are both a bit over 7 1/2 feet long.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
densnake1
Its nice to see she is in a good home now. I hope she has a bunch of big fat babies for you next year. Good luck.
Dennis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!