Trans-Pecos Ratsnakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
Aaron Mattson
Trans-Pecos Ratsnakes

A pair of cb 2008 Trans-Pecos Rats.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
reptile_jones
What color morphs are they?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Aaron Mattson
Well I think one might be some type of Axanthic and the other one a het but I am not sure. They are captive produced 2008 clutchmates from a wild caught bloodline that I started and they are not related to any other bloodlines. The mom looks Axanthic too. The father is her son and looks normal but apparently is a het, based on the appearance of these neonates.
Here is a picture of the Axanthic looking mom.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
reptile_jones
They both are VERY nice looking snakes!!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Aaron Mattson
Thanks man.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mattson View Post
Well I think one might be some type of Axanthic and the other one a het but I am not sure. They are captive produced 2008 clutchmates from a wild caught bloodline that I started and they are not related to any other bloodlines. The mom looks Axanthic too. The father is her son and looks normal but apparently is a het, based on the appearance of these neonates.
Will you be breeding them in "09"? If so I would like to get some babies from you!!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
Aaron Mattson
I plan to but there will only be one clutch and I do already have a couple friends interested. Plus, since I only got one this year, I would likey keep any silvers for myself next year. You can still send me your email and I will put you on a notification list.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
reptile_jones
pm my email

I like the yellow one too. I like how clean and sharp the color is on both of them. Is the yellow one they call blond?

Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
Aaron Mattson
I got your email and put you on the list. I sent you a reply too.

No the yellow one is not a blonde. It's just a nice normal. Normals in general range from cream to beige to yellow to orangish. The blonde phase is a mutation which lacks the H-markings and lacks the stripes going down the back. Instead they just have rough diamond shaped blotches and they can range in color just like the normals. Blonde is a simple recessive trait. Also, simple recessive Axanthic(silver) blondes are already on the market but it is a different strain of Axanthic and I don't know if mine would be compatible. I don't even know for sure if the silver quality I have is truely simple recessive but it seems to be acting that way so far.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!