Wanted RoughNeck Monitor - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
schumi8318206
Hes got a dumerils thats a puppy dog, Hes on youtube, he makes advertisement videos and outs them on there. Did you think about a Savannah

Old 04-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
drumrnj
Well, I am not planning on building another cage. I am actually selling a 6 foot Red Tail Columbian Boa to replace with the monitor if you know anyone who is interested. I have some pictures on here.
Thanks again
George
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #13
BSM1
So you will only be able to fit ackies or a black head in there but you need to cover the top and put a good 8-12 inches of dirt in the cage as well.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
schumi8318206
pm sent...

Old 04-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
drumrnj
Savahnahs get way to big by the way. Thanks for all the input. Scott suggested getting a Yellow Tree Monitor in that size terrarium. I saw a beautiful Blue Tree that I waiting on a response. I would love to have him.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #16
BSM1
scott does not know what hes talking about, hes just in it to make a sale. Quince monitors and blue trees get 3-4 feet as well and need a large cage, i would suggest you not buy them as you dont want to make another cage.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #17
BansheeRacer25
If i were you i would not get a quince. He is just trying to make a sale. Your best bet would be to get a cbb monitor. Listen to bryan he knows what he is talking about.

Bill

Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #18
MicroZooKits
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM1 View Post
There are two different types of rough neck monitor, the black rough neck and the brown rough neck (also known as dumerils monitor). I would advice you not to get them if you dont have other monitor experience, these are all wild caught monitors that are very skittish at first and need lots of cover. They get around 4-5 feet and need large cages that are 6+ feet tall with a few 130+ F basking spots. Look into CBB monitor species from that are from Australia (ackies, black headed, or even argus if you have an 8x4x4 cage or bigger)

Bryan

And they poop a LOT because of their high metabolism and active lifestyle.
Plus they require a high diet of insects and need to eat every other day at minimum. I wouldn't advise keeping one in a glass terrarium because you will have dookie smeared everywhere in less then a day.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #19
BSM1
Quote:
NOT ALL ARE WILD CAUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TWO OF THEM , A CBB THAT I GOT FROM SCOTT
Why dont you ask scott for proof. There all WC no matter what scott says, ask for some pics of it hatching, parents,eggs,etc and i bet he cant provide that. Let see some pics of your animals as well, what did scott tell you they could live in a little 6foot long cage for a couple years. Scott is a lyier first off, i asked about Argus and were his WC or CBB. He told me they were all CBB and he got them from bushmaster, funny thing how bushmaster sells WC/CH Argus. All he cares about is making a quick sale no matter what the outcome

Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #20
nicole23k
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM1 View Post
Why dont you ask scott for proof. There all WC no matter what scott says, ask for some pics of it hatching, parents,eggs,etc and i bet he cant provide that. Let see some pics of your animals as well, what did scott tell you they could live in a little 6foot long cage for a couple years. Scott is a lyier first off, i asked about Argus and were his WC or CBB. He told me they were all CBB and he got them from bushmaster, funny thing how bushmaster sells WC/CH Argus. All he cares about is making a quick sale no matter what the outcome
Vouch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread