My Blood Boa is broken - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #41
Helenthereef
Ah, OK, so it's more wait and see - not much fun for you. Does the snake appear in distress or is he fine with it?.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #42
Shadera
I'm always so bummed to see the good guys have to struggle with stuff like this. I've been waiting and hoping for a post along the lines of 'ta-da, he's back to normal!'

I hope you guys find something you can fix. This has got to be a lesson in frustration.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #43
~Just Curious~
Shadera summed up my feelings exactly there.
I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. I'm really hoping it is just some easily treated bug or a minor pinched nerve that will clear up on it's own. I have my fingers crossed for you two. Hang in there!

Old 11-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #44
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Just got back from the vet, and except for the obvious scoliosis of the spine, no signs of damage to the spine show up.
I was hoping for good news as well. So I take it the cause is unknown? That can be so frustrating.

wiki says in regards to humans: "Scoliosis is typically classified as either congenital (caused by vertebral anomalies present at birth), idiopathic (cause unknown, subclassified as infantile, juvenile, adolescent, or adult, according to when onset occurred), or neuromuscular (having developed as a secondary symptom of another condition, such as spina bifida, cerebral palsy, spinal muscular atrophy, or physical trauma)."

I am so sorry Rick, I know how excited you were for this project.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #45
Utta
I'm so sorry Rick don't give up, you can't let the bad guys win.

I hope he heals up quick for you. I'm glad that his spine isn't damaged.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #46
Snakesitter
I'll toss my dollar in the "hoping for a quick fix" hat as well. Maybe it's just a bad/deep bruise caused by the female, and which only just came to the surface...

Old 11-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #47
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks everyone. Should have clarified, simple bacteria tests will be done first, then we'll move on to the others. Could very well be the exertion of courtship cause Salmonella in his body to go unchecked for a while. Salmonella is one of those virus's that can cause spine issues.

I too am hoping we get an answer this week. I would like nothing better then to get him fixed.

And Helen, it's obviously not comfortable for him, but he doesn't react like it hurts, just that he knows something is wrong with it.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #48
Durante
Hey Rick, just wondering if you got any answers from them test results? hoping the best for you & the blood

Old 11-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #49
crotalusadamanteus
Went in like scheduled on Sunday, but the pediatric kit hasn't come in yet to draw the blood for testing. I'll get called in when it arrives. Guku has exhibited no change at all.

Treating my Sunglow Rosy's nose rub, which worsened to an abscess is the more critical problem at the moment. She rubbed a knot on her nose some time back, it subsided, went away, then returned with a vengeance when she went to rubbing again a couple weeks ago. This time it's not a knot though, so I need to fix it if I can. The sinus' is a delicate area though, so we'll see. Last time I dealt with this, it took a few months to correct.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Just dealing with more crap then I care to admit lately.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #50
Metachrosis
Hang in there bro,building character ain't easy !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!