picked up my new paulsonis today - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
markface
picked up my new paulsonis today

hey yall . i just got back from picking up my new paulsoni's(solomon island ground boas) this afternoon . they are so tiny ! i was supposed to be getting a trio of unsexed neos but tony threw in a fourth one for free !i have them all settled in to their new cages and they are all cruisin around checkin out the new digs . all 4 of them have fed on pinkies already so hopefully no problem eaters . these were born mid august , i forgot to get the exact date but i'll see tony at work next week and find out what it is then . they are very cool lookin critters and i got 2 light colored and 2 dark colored ones . once they get big enough for me to tell what sex they are i'm going to try and find someone else who breeds these gems and try to work a trade for a couple of them so i can have 2 different bloodlines . there is supposed to be another guy in this area with unrelated bloodlines that tony knows so hopefully my search wont be to long or far reaching . i did take a few picks of them before putting them in their new homes to settle down , so here they are .

hope yall enjoy the pics .

Old 10-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
aliceinwl
Wow, those guys are tiny! What kind of size do they reach as adults? I've seen babies at herp shows before, and they're pretty cute. What kind of care requirements do they have?

-Alice

Old 10-14-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
markface
these guys are still pretty new to me . i'm not used to working with such small critters . the males will get to about 3 feet or a little over . the females will go 4 feet or more sometimes . they like temps a little lower than most boas , high side about 84 or 85 , low side 75 or so . humidity is about 55 to 65 percent . neonates in the wild eat small frogs and lizards and can be a pain to convert to rodents . these guys have all eaten atleast once on pinkies . usually once they eat pinkies they stay on them ok . i'm still learning about these guys but i work with the guy who bred their parents so i have a good source of info close by .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!