One eyed albino boa, should I kill him? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill it, or keep as a non breeder/pet
Keep as a pet 112 88.89%
kill it! 14 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #11
Great Lakes Reptiles
A no breeding contract, not a bad idea

Old 10-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #12
The Reptile House
Yes signed contracts between two people are legal binding at least where I am from. You can also go as far as having it notarized. That way if you ever do catch the person attempting to breed it down the line to can legally persue it if you so choose to.
I herd it was common in Albino boas though?
Shanell.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #13
Great Lakes Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reptile House
Yes signed contracts between two people are legal binding at least where I am from. You can also go as far as having it notarized. That way if you ever do catch the person attempting to breed it down the line to can legally persue it if you so choose to.
I herd it was common in Albino boas though?
Shanell.
This genetic eye problem is more common then most of us know, its just not always talked about.
The litter total was 23 only 2 albinos had it.
10 sunglows
3 DH
5 hets
5 albinos

Old 10-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #14
kmurphy
A signed contract would be nothing more than a glorified honor system. You have TSE that bilked customers out of 1000 of dollars and he probably won't be held accountable. How do you think you would enforce a no-breed contract? Besides the fact that snakes change hands often in the course of 15 years.
Once that animal leaves your facility it is out of your hands what happens to it.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:02 PM   #15
TripleMoonsExotic
I think getting them fixed would be a really good idea. It's insuring the bad genetics do not get passed along at all. The "adoption fee" for them could be a little over the vet costs so that your aren't losing out.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:03 PM   #16
The Reptile House
Also very true indeed. It would just basically act as a back up. A lot of people are also weary of signing legal binding contracts though but yes you do stand very correct. Shanell.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #17
Mooing Tricycle
pet for sure! No need to kill the animal when its fully capable of eating and growing perfectly on its own!

Old 10-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #18
Great Lakes Reptiles
His cool pattern is one of the reasons he came home with me

Old 10-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #19
hhmoore
Interesting - it wasn't so long ago that at least one of the forums here was filled with comments on how one eyed albinos should be culled. Don't get me wrong - I am all for finding PET ONLY homes, but that is not as easy as it sounds. The possibility that the animal will be bred at some point is certainly there, unless you keep it yourself.
Were you trying to sell this animal? Is that how you initially came to be contacted by that person? From several of your posts, I got the impression it was from a litter you (well not YOU) had, but then you commented on why the snake came home with you, so it seems you purchased it (hopefully not for anything near market price).

Old 10-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #20
Great Lakes Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Interesting - it wasn't so long ago that at least one of the forums here was filled with comments on how one eyed albinos should be culled. Don't get me wrong - I am all for finding PET ONLY homes, but that is not as easy as it sounds. The possibility that the animal will be bred at some point is certainly there, unless you keep it yourself.
Were you trying to sell this animal? Is that how you initially came to be contacted by that person? From several of your posts, I got the impression it was from a litter you (well not YOU) had, but then you commented on why the snake came home with you, so it seems you purchased it (hopefully not for anything near market price).
I picked up 3 the male albino, female DH, and a female Het, Im not to worried about a breeder male at this point, that can wait a year or two, maybe a male sunglow will be a little more afordibal at a later date.

I must admit at the time I new very little about this one eyed thing

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!