Bad Guy Rick Cremeans of Lancaster, OH-BAD, BAD, BAD! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #41
Srakha
Simply aweful, and completely inexcusable.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #42
pitbulllady
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemingway155 View Post
Sharon, or anybody else who might be able to help me:

I agree about the need to use USPS money orders for all of the reasons stated above, which is why I used one and I also have the tracking and delivery confirmation data on the package.

Cremeans has gone silent on me as well. Last I heard from him was an email Friday July 24 when I sent him the tracking info for the M.O. and he said he'd contact me about shipping upon receipt of the M.O. I sent a few emails starting four days ago (Wednesday 7/29) because he received the M.O. on Monday (7/27).

Given the content of this thread, I'm pretty concerned, but I don't want to look like the bad guy here. What would be the appropriate timeframe to make contact with the Postal Inspector about this issue. I'll contact kingsnake and probably his local PD at the same time. In my most recent email I told him I would give him at least through 5PM today (8/01) before taking any action, but I want to make sure that it will be maximally effective when I do.

Thanks for any input.

Kris Stroup
I don't think that YOU need to be the one worrying about looking like the bad guy, here. I don't know what to tell you, though, since he's gone silent on me, too, and I don't know what avenues to pursue to get my money back, either. It's becoming more and more obvious that this guy is a bona fide scammer, rather than just a n00bie who didn't have a clue how to ship an animal. If he'd ever had something shipped TO him, by a legitimate shipper, then that alone should have shown him how to go about packing a snake for shipping, but he wanted to take the easy way out. I wonder how many other people he's scammed, who aren't even on this board.

Sharon McKenzie

Old 08-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #43
hemingway155
Well, all my data went to the postal inspector just now, and I would encourage all other affected people to submit their complaints as well via the online form at:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/f...Complaint.aspx

It sounds like the more complaints are received, the better the chances are of serious investigation and real implications happening. Hopefully we can stop this guy from scamming and from killing any more innocent creatures.

Kris Stroup

Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #44
spyder79
also to the OP
FEDEX has very strict rules on shipping live animals especially reptiles. I know i had to go through a very strict trial to become a fedex live animal shipper. I would contact fedex about the situation as well.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #45
sriann7734
no wonder he doesn't take paypal. i can't believe someone would stuff a living animal into a box like that.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #46
BryonsBoas
As far as not taking or accepting Paypal making someone a bad guy or person to avoid is asinine. I don't accept paypal from folks I don't know and will likely stop that soon due to Paypal being a pain to deal with.

2 days on a truck in the summer is PLENTY hot enough to cause that level of decomp. Ohio to South Carolina is easily done by truck following trucking regulations in the 2 days paid for for delivery. If you have never been inside of a trailer during the summer, it can become an oven by noon.

Its a shame animal based hobbies attract complete .

Old 08-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #47
TrulyRare
Wow, out of all the BOI threads I read, this has to be one of the worst. That's just crazy.

Heck if you have his address I know some ppl here prob would gladly go to his house and get your funds back for you, would you Ohio guys

I know I would, and if I go to Ohio, on this trip I'm taking I'd go in a heart beat!!

Wow, sorry for the trouble that guys put you threw and I can't even say my part on that poor snake. I don't know what kind of person unless they were totally 2 years old wouldn't know it gets hot in side a closed trailor. Heck I think a 2 year old is smarter.

I vote we go, and put him in a box and ship him 2 day express in this weather....

Old 08-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #48
sriann7734
i didn't say it made him or anyone else a bad guy, i'm just saying that anyone should be leery of one not willing to take paypal. at least paypal backs everyone involved up if something goes wrong.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #49
bareptiles
I don't reply to this stuff much, but this is not what we all need right now! Im sorry for this and hope you will get taken care of. There is no excuse for the way this animal was packaged or shipped. If anyone cant spend an extra 10 bucks to ship next day and ship in a proper box GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS BUSINESS AND HOBBY. This kind of thing really pisses me off.

I will be in Columbus for the show next weekend and will ask around about this guy.

My2cents

Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #50
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriann7734 View Post
i didn't say it made him or anyone else a bad guy, i'm just saying that anyone should be leery of one not willing to take paypal. at least paypal backs everyone involved up if something goes wrong.
No, they don't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
rick cremeans