What works best? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #11
AbsoluteApril
hey Jeremy,

I know we already talked via PM but I wanted to post a couple quick pics here. these are the 'classic' prolines... my new prostack just arrived today and I hope to put it together this weekend.

these are old photos..
2 prolines I bought used:

trying to show how light passes through the material which is good for visability compared to black caging:

my boaphiles have been in use since 2002. Got some rusting on the hardware and a couple cracks in the plexi but otherwise held up real well. This stack is 5 high and the bottom cage sags which makes the door stick. I still recommend going for the double doors instead of single as this would give the overall cage more strength.

darn, I couldn't find a pic of the entire stack but here you can see some of the cracks in the plexi around the hardware

Old 06-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
snowgyre
I use RhinoRaxx racks for my ball pythons and leopard geckos. I've got two that hold either 5 32 qt tubs or 10 12 qts. I really couldn't be happier with them. If I expand my collection I intend to purchase another set of these. The plastic is very thick, sturdy, and I love not having lids.

I could make my own racks, but honestly I couldn't make them pretty, and I don't have the tools to do so. I got lucky with the racks I have because I bought them dirt cheap used from local breeders.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #13
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
hey Jeremy,

I know we already talked via PM but I wanted to post a couple quick pics here. these are the 'classic' prolines... my new prostack just arrived today and I hope to put it together this weekend.
How does the white color hold up to scratches and staining? To me, white would seem like a better option, even though it doesn't go with the color of the room, lol. Those Pro-lines look pretty good for being used. I like the new one piece door a little better. I am still torn between Pro-line and boaphiles.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
Focal
I have the melamine boamasters and I like them for most part. They are really easy to clean and I put a bead of silicone around the bottom to make it easier to clean. I've been able to make my own melamine dividers which were really easy to install. The plexiglass fronts are thin and the glass is easy to crack (around the screws). The front doors start to warp after a while. The wood made it easy for me to bolt down locks. They hold heat and humidity very well.

I have herpenclosures too. For some reason they just smell funny and retain stench. Maybe I'm just losing my mind on that one. Very light but doesn't hold heat like the melamine.

I've made homemade stuff with melamine before and I think it's fun to work with. I'm going to get some sheets this summer and I have glass for sliding doors and just need to get some glass rails/guides.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
How does the white color hold up to scratches and staining?
much better than the black, even scratches on the plexi doors aren't as visible.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
quick shot of the prostack in action next to a stack of the old design:

Old 08-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #17
SnakeGirl3
I personally love my Animal Plastics stackables and rack. They hold up very well, and are relatively easy to clean (though I recommend the swing style doors, as the sliding glass ones can be difficult to get clean).

Here's a few pics of mine:

Some of the pics are fairly old, but you get the idea. AP cages/racks tend to hold up very well over time--I've had no issues with warping or rust.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #18
Stryker414
I made what I call a boa condo out of an armoir. There's quite a bit of floor space for my 09's but they'll soon outgrow this. Its not the best job but its serving its purpose. Its quite heavy but once its in place there's really no need to move it. I sealed the inside and put a sheet of melamine paneling on the bottom along with a bead of silicone around each unit. Not hard to clean at all.
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
Stryker414
Oops! Posted the same pic twice. Heres a top view.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!