Herps Etc Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
RJBILBY
Herps Etc Question

Anyone ever heard of or dealt with a company called Herps Etc? Just thinking of making a purchase and would like any information about them.
Thanks,
Rick

Old 07-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
duhh001
Last year I bought 2 Spider Balls that were supposed to be
1. Aggressive feeders
2. 110 grams.
3. Price agreed on was shipped.
They came in are 70 grams and as poor eaters, took months for 1 to final start eating regularly. The other one is ready to die anytime, due to reguratating nearly every meal, been that way from the begining. To top it off the price I paid was 'shipped' price. Carson sent it COD and never refunded the shipping costs.

Good Luck.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:57 PM   #4
RyanT
Not a very good idea.

I actually met Carson to do a trade deal with him back in February. He lives about 15 minutes from me. He's an alright guy and all but this just isn't the business he should be in. I actually seem to have lucked out for the most part, compared to some other people's experiences with him. I got 5 adult female balls from him. Only 1 was a bad feeder. They were all healthy and 2 of them are the most amazing feeders I've ever seen. They're my garbage disposals. But after the deal was done, I tried to contact him on multiple occasions to ask questions and just keep in contact since we were so close, in order to keep the door open for possible future deals. He doesn't return emails or phone calls. Also, just look at some of the other info about him on here. My only personal problem is that his customer service sucks and it's totally obvious he's just in this for the quick buck, which is never a good thing when you're buying multiple thousand dollar animals from someone. I find myself cringing a lot when I see his ads.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
RJBILBY
Herps Etc

Thanks for the input. I greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Rick

Old 08-10-2006, 03:33 AM   #6
willykink
VERY sub par customer service and communication skills

I also had a supposed deal agreed upon as a SHIPPED price for a snake Carson had advertised. Well, he sent the snake after some delaying tactics and inside the box was 50 in cash so I'm thinking, hmm, maybe this is for his keeping my snake for so long after our agreed upon ship date. Come to find out he also sent my snake COD and it was a bit more than 50 when the DHL bill finally arrived. So I emailed Mr. Phelps and he sent a reply back I believe that same day that I emailed him with a response of..."I'll get that remaining balance for the shipping right out to you this week". That was over a month ago and despite repeated emails asking nicely where the rest of the shipping money refund is and even a phone call to him just this week, I havent heard a peep out of this supposedly fine upstanding professional businessman.

So, long story short, I certainly would NOT do business with this individual ever again and would warn others to think twice whether he's advertising boas or BP's or any other animals for sale.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #7
ravensgait
I know he lives in NJ anyone have his address and phone number??? Randy

Old 08-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #8
hhmoore
He posts no info in his ads. No phone number has been offered in any of the threads, but this address was listed (*2 years ago*):
Carson Phelps
809 Bridgeton Pk.
Sewell, NJ 08080

Old 08-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
eddie1976
I am pretty sure he has moved from that address. One of the problems I had with him was the fact he wanted to ship a snake to me without letting me look at it when I lived only around the corner from his house at the time.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #10
willykink
Last known phone number

Carson Phelps: (856) 466-1746

although as i stated, he's not answering that either but feel free to try, I'd enjoy hearing from someone with any success in getting ahold of this character.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
carson phelps, herps etc