Inquiry Pro-Exotics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
lovin2act
Mike, you look like a fool in all of this.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #22
chondrogal
Pro Exotics = Touchdown

Mike Perez = Meltdown

Old 07-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
Mike, you look like a fool in all of this.
I 100% most deffinitly but fool is a being nice way to put it ... i could think of a few other things that hes acting like ...... LOL

Old 07-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #24
TripleMoonsExotic
Mike, what exactly happened?

Looks like their was a problem with UPS delivering on time?

Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #25
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingdurga View Post
Looking bad!!!!!!! Who gives a rodents behind.
Obviously not you.

Quote:
$835 is not loose change
But neither is it cause to be an unreasonable ass.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #26
Seamus Haley
I'd have to find my packing slip/receipt and check the dates involved but it was either 2003 or 2004 when I found myself looking for a normal ball python to give as a gift to someone who wanted their first snake.

A lot of the imports that year had something fairly unpleasant going around, not being a real hardcore ball guy, I couldn't tell you exactly what it was- but looking at the CH stock from multiple sources, I was seeing a lot of animals that were underweight, with poor muscle tone and was hearing stories about higher than usual numbers of losses. Beyond the usual failure to thrive numbers.

So I went looking for high-quality and captive bred. Again, this was going to be the first reptile owned by a friend, I would be around to help them if they needed it- but it was their pet and the last thing they needed for a first experience was something that was having problems.

Pro-Exotics had sexed CB normals, with photographs of the individual animals so that my friend could browse through and pick a pattern and tone that she liked. The cost was reasonable for a CB normal even with shipping involved so I went ahead and bought the animal.

The packaging on the shipment was, without a doubt and without any other contenders, the absolute best I have ever seen. Brand new materials of course, high quality top notch expensive packing materials too. There isn't a doubt in my mind that an animal would be just fine for three-five days considering the packaging I saw used. A little thirsty when it arrived perhaps, but alive and perfectly intact. Not that this was or would have been the case with the transaction detailed by the original poster. But ProExotics packages their animals for live, perfect delivery. Coated styro liners, the heaviest outer box I have ever seen used to ship animals and all surrounding shock absorbing inner materials and a brand spanking new snake bag.

In all honesty, they must get their packing materials at some kind of bulk discount, because the retail cost of the items used exceeded the cost of the animal I had purchased. I was seeing seventy dollars in high grade packing material used to ship a fifty dollar ball python.

As a bit of a joke, I said something about how the box was uncrushable and then started jumping up and down ontop of it. I'm not a big guy, but the box came through perfectly intact with me doing jumping jacks on it.

The animal, of course, was exactly what I expected from ProExotics. A solid, well fed weight with good muscle tone, clear eyes, mouth, labial pits and vent, not a single scale out of place or dull and the fecal came back 100% clean. It ate frozen thawed without prompting seven days after arrival and passed waste on schedule. Made for a perfect pet, in perfect health for my friend's first experience.

The honesty of Robyn and the people he has working for him is beyond reproach. I declined to make a purchase from them at one point as well, because of their honesty about the animals they were selling. It wasn't a quality issue, it was a genetic one. They had (have?) a hypomelanistic d'alberts. It's a really... unique... looking animal, bright sunflower yellow in the photos that I have seen, with the usual white facial markings of the species. I'm honestly not too sure what became of the animal or it's condition- at the time I made my inquiry the genetic transmission (if it was even an inheritable trait) hadn't been mapped out. I wanted some normal d'alberts and was interested in some normal-colored babies they had posted for sale. My tastes tend to run in the opposite direction from morph lovers, I acknowledge that a lot of them are visually striking and aesthetically decent but I like the natural patterns and colors. I didn't want a bright yellow white lipped python or the potential for a bright yellow white lipped python if I ended up doing any line breeding using the new stock and my existing trio. Robyn was upfront and honest about the lineage of the neonates which were in the ad, even after he was made aware that he'd be losing the sale if they were related to that brightly colored male. An unscrupulous person, when looking at this unproven trait, could have just claimed that they were unrelated and made themselves a few hundred dollars. I likely never would have known the difference. ProExotics didn't do that though... they were honest and upfront. I thanked them for their time and went looking elsewhere- they didn't get my money but they definitely got my support and my respect.

I'll recommend ProExotics to anyone, anytime for anything that PE has for sale that the person might be interested in. Their quality and honesty are beyond reproach.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #27
lovin2act
^^awesome post

Old 07-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #28
KathyLove
Seamus...

That is one of the best "good guy" endorsements I have seen! And I bet that appreciative customers like you make their day!

And it sounds like they did right by the OP as well, whether he appreciates it or not.

Great thread for PE!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #29
fearaffect
Pro Exotics is one of the best........These guys answered all my questions on breeding and incubating my Ackie eggs...........Very nice, very professional, and they have a lifetime fan/customer in me!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #30
zelaphez
Quote:
PE

Your buddies at UPS would not guarantee a friday delivery. This was told to me by three different idiots, including one alleged supervisor. I have zero confidence in anyone's claim for a 4 or 5 day layover. You should have a live person manning the shop during business hours. Even a deaf mute can type an e-mail.
So...are we likening Deaf people to cavemen now?

"So easy, even a deaf mute can do it."

- Bryan, "deaf mute"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!