Bit of a scare last night... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
saltwaterreptiles
Bit of a scare last night...

I recently got two bells, which many of you have seen me post here in the past little while, yummy little buggers that they are.

I got them as incubated for female and about 2 weeks ago realized that one was a male. This actually turned out to be perfect as I was about to go in the hunt for a nice bell male anyway...

WELL... last night I flipped the female and had a look up her skirt and saw this!

The v-line of pores!

LUCKILY there were no bluges and after a little comparison this morning I have decided that she is indeed safely a she! Still was a little nerve wracking to see a v coming in!

Now the MALE, there is no doubt, little leo John Holmes is he!

Old 07-13-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
thesnakecharmer
lol, yeah that would have been a bummer! Your bell leos are just gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you produce with those two! I will post a pic of my bell male from KelliH tonight,,, you have inspired me! Take Care!

Old 07-13-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
saltwaterreptiles
can't wait to see it!

I'll see if I can get Jason to send me a pic of the other female bell I am getting from him when I talk to him later tonight. They are amazing little fellas.... and yup.... can't wait to see the wee ones either!

To heck with X-mas, just gimmie a good breeding season! lol

Old 07-13-2005, 03:39 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
Cory, the females do get the v line its just white lol

Glad you didn't wind up with 2 males though, that would have sucked!

Old 07-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #5
saltwaterreptiles
NO kidding!!! lol... all is well though! thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!