Daniel Parker of Sunshine Serpents - good? bad? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #11
Raven_Vivi
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for this guy to send out his animals?

Will he be contacting the buyer about shipping terms or do you have to chase him down?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #12
Uroboros
Normally, there is a lot of communication about shipping animals, when they are leaving, when they are showing up, how they are showing up. Like the above posters have said, anyone who cares about these living things will watch the weather and do what they can to avoid extremes. It is also your responsibility to let them know that the animal(s) showed up on time or not.

Outside of that, I think your question is a little vague.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #13
Smelton
I purchased a pair of adult Florida Kings from Daniel last year. Communication was great and he allowed to make a down payment and then pay the balance a week later. I found Daniel to be very polite and professional. I was a little displeased when I received the animals though. They were individually bagged, but shipped in a tiny box with no insulation. Not the way I would have shipped them, but they did arrive alive, so I let it slide.

The female Brooks looked awesome, big, robust, and healthy. The male was noticeably thin, even borderline emaciated. I contacted Daniel about it and he said that the male had no issues eating, and that he just kept his males thin so they would breed better. Of course I know that overweight animals do not breed as well, but the condition of this male was a little extreme in my opinion.

In any case, this male is indeed a fantastic feeder, and I have had him for several months, but I am still working to get him up to a weight that I am comfortable with. I did not ask Daniel to replace the animal or allow me to return it, which I am sure he would have. So in essence, I can only fault myself for not asking for clear pictures of the animals for sale. Had I known the condition of the male beforehand, I might not have purchased him.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #14
SunshineSerpents
I had replied to Raven_Vivi via email not long after she posted here. I usually ship promptly (usually on Mondays or Tuesdays) within the week of payment, but several factors including a death in the family and traveling have delayed my shipment of her animal. In these rare circumstances I will update you if there is a delay or problem with your shipment.

To clear up a concern voiced by Smelton earlier in this thread, I don't make a special effort to keep my male snakes thin to make them better breeders. I maintain them at a similar girth to what they would be in the wild. I believe many snakes in captivity are overfed, obese monsters compared to their wild brethren. I don't think any one has confirmed it scientifically, but there has been discussion among breeders suggesting that obese males probably don't make the best breeders. I pump my females up, especially this time of year, to make sure they are able to cope with the stresses of reproduction. When there is an extra mouse, it usually goes to a female.

If you receive a shipment from me and there is a problem with any of the animals, please let me know right away and I will replace them or send a refund as necessary. I will never send out an animal that I know to be unhealthy, but mistakes do happen on occasion and in these rare instances I will do my best to make it right. The vast majority of my customers have been very happy with their purchases and in the unfortunate event that there has been a problem I have always taken care of it.

If you are interested in learning more about my sales and shipping policies, please see my this page on my website:
http://www.sunshineserpents.com/Sales.htm

Please understand that I run my business by myself. This involves the care, cleaning, feeding, and breeding of a fairly large colony of colubrids, turtles, tortoises, and rodents. In addition to animal care, I constantly strive give my customers the service and attention they deserve. My friend Kathy Love can confirm that we have spent many a late night discussing our businesses and how to improve the way we serve our customers. I appreciate any of your comments on your past dealings with me and I hope you will consider Sunshine Serpents for your future herp purchases.
Thanks!
Daniel Parker

Old 02-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
Raven_Vivi
Hello again all!~

I just received my skink from Sunshine Serpents a few hours ago.

I must say, I was quite happy.
It arrived alive to my relief. It was my first time ordering from online so I was a little worried.

SS did an excellent job in communication. Things pop up out of emergencies and Daniel Parker cleared it all up as soon as he could.

He even called me about an hour after I received the skink to make sure it arrived safely. I find this to be superb customer service and shows concern for the animal that was shipped.
He was very professional and in my book he's a good guy~

Now I'm off to make my skink one spoiled little fella. =)

Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #16
snakesareawesome
I received a pair of Red Mountain Rats from him today. Dan was very easy to work with and shipped the snakes without any issues. Arrived alive and are in their enclosures now.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:35 PM   #17
xxn3onpandaxx
I very much advise against dealing with Daniel. He sold me a sick snake, and am honestly very very frustrated with him. I emailed him several times about the snake and got no reply. Unfortunately the snake didn't make it...

Old 03-06-2015, 11:53 PM   #18
SunshineSerpents
We just received an email from Alex several hours ago. This was the first email I have received from her since we shipped her snake on Feb. 12. If there are problems we ask customers to contact us and we do our best to make things right. It is our goal to provide healthy quality animals. The snake's records showed that it was healthy and feeding with us at our facility, but it apparently did not do well for her. I responded to her email offering my apologies and a refund.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #19
xxn3onpandaxx
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSerpents View Post
We just received an email from Alex several hours ago. This was the first email I have received from her since we shipped her snake on Feb. 12. If there are problems we ask customers to contact us and we do our best to make things right. It is our goal to provide healthy quality animals. The snake's records showed that it was healthy and feeding with us at our facility, but it apparently did not do well for her. I responded to her email offering my apologies and a refund.
Thank you. I do again apologize for my actions and such. And thank you very much for getting back to me as soon as you did.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #20
xxn3onpandaxx
I highly suggest working with Daniel. He is very good about communication, and truly cares about his customers and customer service. I personally would love to work with them again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
daniel parker, sunshine serpents