Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #101
WindyO
Glenn what i meant by luck was did anyone do anything special or pick certain geckos to breed thinking they would get something. I think RT's albino strain comes from a wild caught if i am correct.(Not that he hasn't done amazing things with his animals. )Didn't the patternless morph just show up? I know they were refined. Also what do you mean riding both sides? I think i have been called pigheaded(not in the actual words so don't look threw all the posts.)several times for not conceding to others opinions.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #102
WindyO
I agree Jeremy. They were pr oven traits when you started with them though.It was just a matter of time. I am not trying to lessen your accomplishments. I don't want to get into albinos but your RR's are calling out to me. At least for a pet.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 PM   #103
WindyO
This is for everyone! I want to thank you all for your responses. It was fun/exhausting talking to you all. I hope that i haven't offended anyone by my beliefs and ideas. I have to give this a rest or my wife will leave me. It's too hard too debate with a community by yourself. I started this in hope that someone would be on my side with this. To have a casual conversation. Instead i spent most of the time defending accusations. This was like being cross examined on a witness stand. So i will not be responding to anymore posts. I think we have covered every angle off this and found that everyone is happy just the way things are.

P.S. Does anyone else want to be the next punchingbag,....i meant thread starter. I would like to see someone else in front of the firring squad for awhile.LOL

Old 01-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #104
KelliH
Quote:
P.S. Does anyone else want to be the next punchingbag,....i meant thread starter. I would like to see someone else in front of the firring squad for awhile.LOL
Brian, please do not ever feel as if you are a punching bag for speaking your mind here. That is the great thing about this forum, we are allowed to do that, and I for one respect you for being so adamant. Trust me, you aren't the only one that has been that way in a discussion here LOL. I have been in your shoes before, and so have several other members. You are always welcome to your opinions here, and will be respected for having them.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #105
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyO
I guess i was wrong. So tell me then how much would it cost me to register 17 breeders and all of their offspring this year? I am guessing they will give me about 80 geckos this year.
The deadline for the free registries on 1990-2005 hatched geckos is December 31st, 2006. Full color and Pedigree certs during the free grace period are simply the cost difference between grey and the other.

Price before deadline

17 Breeders w/ Greyscale Certs
$0
17 Breeders w/ Full Color Certs
$34
17 Breeders w/ Full Color Pedigree Certs
(which I would not recommend unless you have three generations worth of genetics on the particular specimen and you have photos of the parents)
$85

Price after deadline

17 Breeders w/ Greyscale Certs
$55
17 Breeders w/ Full Color Certs
$77
17 Breeders w/ Full Color Pedigree Certs
(which I would not recommend unless you have three generations worth of genetics on the particular specimen and you have photos of the parents)
$110

As far as hatchlings...That would be dependent upon your keepers. Your keepers would be include the $5 each or $15 for five fees. Hatchlings you sold, $0.50/each pre-registration fee (the buyer would pay the actual LGR cert registration fee if they so chose). If you were to keep all 80 of your hatchlings, it would be $240 to register them all (at $15 Greyscale per 5 registrations). If you were to sell all 80 of your hatchlings, it would be $40 (if you chose to give the buyer an option to register). The pre-registration is a way to verify that you did produce the hatchlings from a particular breeding and someone is not simply trying to claim they came from a particular pairing when in fact they did not...

Break down:

Breeder Registration: FREE
Correction to Breeder Registration: FREE
Correction to Database: $1
Correction to Database w/ Replacement Cert: $3

Prices Apply to Geckos Hatched in 2006 and after
Single Specimen Registration (Basic Greyscale Cert): $5
Single Specimen Registration (Basic Full Color Cert): $7
Single Specimen Registration (Pedigree Full Color Cert): $10
Five Specimen Registrations (Basic Greyscale Cert): $15
Five Specimen Registrations (Basic Full Color Cert): $21
Five Specimen Registrations (Pedigree Full Color Cert): $30

Since this has taken the thread way off coarse...If you or anyone else has any further questions, please email me.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #106
g&mgeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Brian, please do not ever feel as if you are a punching bag for speaking your mind here. That is the great thing about this forum, we are allowed to do that, and I for one respect you for being so adamant. Trust me, you aren't the only one that has been that way in a discussion here LOL. I have been in your shoes before, and so have several other members. You are always welcome to your opinions here, and will be respected for having them.
Brain, I could not have said it better myself. You have bought forth with this thread what is so great about this forum and did without any name calling or anyone being offended. I am sorry you feel like a punching bag. I don't think that was anyones intention. What I meant by riding both sides is first (in that one post) you complemented all of the big breeders. Then at the end you kind of made it sound as if they where just lucking. Make sense?

I love your idea but as has been mentioned several times I just don't see everyone getting on board at this time. What do I mean by at this time?
Well you are not the first with this vision so I think it may start heading that way if more and more people are asking for it. It just may be decades away.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:18 AM   #107
groovygeckos
Quote:
stopped counting when I got to 43 LOL. That one project is taking up more time and space than any of my others, and it is definitely more frustrating and much harder than the line bred stuff I have worked on.
Yikes, now that is NOT luck, that is WORK! LOL One Bell Blazing so far, and Kelli is working her butt off on those alone, just think 43 breeders and all of those babies, and one Blazing! Im sure it is worth it to have that Blazing now for herself, but man that is dedication.

Kelli, do you know how many hatchlings you have had from those groups at all? That would be interesting to hear, because double recessive hets should give 1/16 . Luck would be to get 2 out of 16, (LOL)but thats not the case.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #108
raiquee
Okay i kinda skipped around page wise to get a summary. I am always late to these threads! Grr!

I agree with (someone) who mentioned that the star system would work, but it would be compromised by peoples different opinions on what is a 5 star, what is a 3 star. And we all know once people get opinions they like their opinion better than anyone elses

It is a good idea, but just not sauvy in such a diverse group of people.

OFFTOPIC: We purchased a female hypo tang from you the one show of Lee's you went to. Remember at all?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #109
TheKeeper
Just as an example, what would you call her? To me she is SHTCT, light on the CT. Whatever you call her, she looks nice.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #110
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeeper
Just as an example, what would you call her?
Well, I would call her a beautiful SHTCT!

I have been following this GREAT thread, and it would be wonderful if every leopard gecko breeder was on the same page as far as "you say toe-may-toe and I say toe-mah-toe" when it comes to morph names and color. Heck, I remember it wasn't too long ago we couldn't agree on what defines a 'hypo'! LOL!

Unfortunately, these things are subjective, and we are dealing with people with different agendas. I would say the vast majority of us are agreeable and cooperative, while there remains others who have huge egos and/or catchy marketing ploys that will always throw a wrench in the works by depending on folks jumping on the bandwagon for their latest 'new' morph with a catchy name.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!