Neodesha? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: If Neodesha cages came back would you purchase them?
Yes 15 48.39%
No 3 9.68%
I would like to see them first 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
hognoseman
Neodesha?

Hey Quick Poll every body. If Neodesha cages came back would you purchase them? And if so what models and or Changes would you like to see come of them? Hope to get alot of imput!

Old 02-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
SPJ
Been down this road already TWICE.
I have always liked the neodeshas.

My sugestions would be:
1. Do not go cheap on the plastic. Trying to save a buck making them thinner is a waste of time.
2. Make the doors slide smoothly like the Bush Herp ones did and not stick and need mineral oil like the recent replicas.
3. Offer the light vent, normal vents, dome vents, and any combination of them on the cages.
4. Drill the glass/plexi and the cage to accept screw pins or locks at the ends like the Bush Herp ones did for slant fronts.
5. Offer a plastic material instead of steel for the shelving to hold the cages (less weight to ship) when stacking them but make sure it can support the weight of loaded cages.
5. Make them in black and offer slant front/flat front/arboreal caging.
6. Have similiar latching systems for flat front/arboreal cages like the older ones did.
7. Recess the bottom to accomodate heat tape to allow air flow under the cage so it doesn't sit right on any surface when set down.
8. Do not price them too high. Neos were good but there are cheaper more stackable/versatile cages out there that are inexpensive.
9. Offer different vent options.
10. Most important. Have INCEDIBLE customer service.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:51 AM   #3
kmurphy
Good post Steve. I have 15 of the slant front cages and agree with everyone of your points.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
dsirkle
Excellent points. I think that a modern version that was not up to the standards of the originals and cost more than other cages available wouldn't sell. The weak points of the originals are the stacking and not having air space for heat tape.If the original quality standards were met, improvements made in the areas mentioned and the price wasn't way over the price of competing cages I think that they would sell like hotcakes.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Tim Cole
Thumbs up I have close to 50

of them. Arboreals, slant fronts, and customs. I have flexwatt heat tape and heatwave undertank heaters in use with no problems. Other than that, I agree with Steve. I still prefer them over all other cages. I like to use adjustable bakers racks metal shelving for my 3' and 4' slant fronts. No wasted space and easy to move with available wheel kits.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #6
kmurphy
Anyone got any ideas of how the replace the plastic guides for the glass. Many of mine have some, or most, of the plastic broken. I've checked out Home Depot for metal guides but they're wider than the original ones and I'm not sure how to get the original ones off.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #7
SlitheringHerps
A local pet shop here has those to display their animals. When I first saw them I thought they looked pretty awesome. I would pick some up if they were affordable.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #8
dsirkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitheringHerps
A local pet shop here has those to display their animals. When I first saw them I thought they looked pretty awesome. I would pick some up if they were affordable.
Unfortunately availability is a much bigger factor to overcome than affordability is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!