Custom Cage - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Piña
Question Custom Cage

I guy is getting pretty big now. And i need a new enclosure to put him in. I was wondering if it easier to by a cage or built my own. Does anyone have any suggestion in what i should do about this. Thanks

Old 06-30-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
Piña
Can anyone help me

Old 07-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Wolfy-hound
Building a custom enclosure is easier than you would think, and saves a lot of money.
Depending on whether you are handy with tools or not, building a really large enclosure can take a couple afternoons, or a week or more. I don't consider myself to be a carpenter, but I can build one, and have also built a 8x8 ft outdoor enclosure for my blackthroat monitor by myself. That's with a power saw and a cordless drill. All supplies came from Home Depot and it took about 3-4 afternoons(only a couple hours at a time, since it was over 95F outside!!).
I think you should totally build one, since you can make a huge cage that fits exactly where you want it to.
Just a suggestion MEASURE your doors, or build it in place! Nothing worse than building the perfect cage and then not being able to get it through the door!
Wolfy

Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
rpeteroy
new cage

The best thing you can keep ackies in is a metal water trough (the thing horses drink out of). You can buy them from almost any where and there only like 80 bucks then you buy plexi to cover it, cut the plexi in 3, drill, add hinges the 2 ends will open, you can trim the plexi so it hangs over the edge about 1 inch then drill a hole on each side and yse a bungee to hold it closed to the bottom, the middle piece of plexi and screw a piece of wood to the outside srong enough to support the lamp and the rest is up to you. Email me if you need anything rpeteroy.
rpeteroy@yahoo.com

Old 07-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
Piña
thanks for the info everyone. I can use every information you have in building one. My email is Polokru030@hotmail.com. Thanks

Old 07-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
nilemonitor_2007
it is easy to build a custom than to buy one.plus you can build the cage just how you like it.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #7
Piña
I'm getting my cage built right now, so i need so help in picking a good seal for it. Plus i need to find a good website with good supplies. Please help me any1

MY CAGE IS 4X2X2 awesome

Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #8
Piña
And i also need to find some good fixtures to put in it.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #9
Wolfy-hound
I've never bought building supplies online. I get them from local hardware stores. I used an aquarium sealant once, and a non-toxic window sealant the other time.
Fixtures depend on what you are putting into it, but I bought the strip lighting from the hardware store, and most lighting fixtures can be found there.
Congrats on building and hope to see pics when you're done.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #10
Piña
Ight thanks, i'm also looking to see which is a good polyuerathane for my cage. Its going to be for a Yellow Ackie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!