Has any one done bussiness w/ Bob Sloan - Del Rio,Tx. - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #101
homegrownherps
"crackhead" Bob Sloan aka: Michael Duckworth has been quite for the past few months ...its about time for him to surface and show his ugly head agian.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #102
angelrose
Bob Sloan
1244 Hazelwood St. #104
St. Paul, MN 55106

phone # 1-651-414-9755

he is at it again

Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #103
homegrownherps
Actually ..when he uses the MN. address, he is Michael Duckworth.
When he uses the TX. address, he uses the name Bob Sloan.

Sloan claims he is not Duckworth and visa versa.....but he has been caught in way to many lies for that to even be close to the truth.

Anything spewed by either of them is BS.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #104
Ken Harbart
Sloan's used a plethora of pseudonyms. Like the career criminal that he is, he has all of his aliases lined up and ready for use. For a bit, I surmised that he might have multiple personality disorder, but then noted that he's the same one trick pony no matter what name he hides behind.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #105
kylemillsap
His new name is Josh Sawyer.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #106
jeff_fox
FYI

Sloan is in St. Paul during the winter months where he is apparently a session guitarist for a record label. He spends June-August in Del Rio. Josh Sawyer is a student at Sul Ross and rents Sloan's house in Del Rio during the school year. I've met both of them and they are two different people. Josh in much younger. They both have heloderms and a lot of them. I saw probably 50-75 of them. Now I don't know one heloderm from another, but they had what looked like retics, bandeds and beadeds based on size. I did not even know that beadeds even got to be almost 4' ! The beadeds all looked different with some being almost toally black and somne like the retic gilas and then there was one that was mostly black with double tail rings - weird. Not sure if they were trying to rip you off, but they had a lot of gilas and beadeds. I also know Sloan got a permit to collect Mexico and brought back a haul of montane rattlers, alterna and heloderms. They had rattlers I'd never seen or heard of. Last time I saw Josh was in August on the Juno road collecting.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #107
hhmoore
"Mr Foxeworthy",
I'm going to give you an opportunity to show me that you are not posting under a false name. If you fail to do so, your account will be banned & all of your posts will be removed.
The clock starts ticking....now.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #108
hhmoore
I changed my mind - I don't have time to play games like that today.
IF you can prove that you really are Jeff Foxeworthy, contact the site administrator (sorry, Rich). I will personally reverse your ban, with a public apology, as soon as I receive confirmation from him.
In the meantime......goodbye.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #109
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_fox View Post
Sloan is in St. Paul during the winter months where he is apparently a session guitarist for a record label. He spends June-August in Del Rio. Josh Sawyer is a student at Sul Ross and rents Sloan's house in Del Rio during the school year. I've met both of them and they are two different people. Josh in much younger. They both have heloderms and a lot of them. I saw probably 50-75 of them. Now I don't know one heloderm from another, but they had what looked like retics, bandeds and beadeds based on size. I did not even know that beadeds even got to be almost 4' ! The beadeds all looked different with some being almost toally black and somne like the retic gilas and then there was one that was mostly black with double tail rings - weird. Not sure if they were trying to rip you off, but they had a lot of gilas and beadeds. I also know Sloan got a permit to collect Mexico and brought back a haul of montane rattlers, alterna and heloderms. They had rattlers I'd never seen or heard of. Last time I saw Josh was in August on the Juno road collecting.
I see lots of questionable info in this "story". Sloan doesn't own a house but lives in a small trailer. Very few people have legal permits to hunt and export from Mexico. I know of 3 persons all associated with zoos or academics of which Sloan is neither. It's illegal to road hunt in Texas without special permits.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #110
LBenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
I see lots of questionable info in this "story". Sloan doesn't own a house but lives in a small trailer. Very few people have legal permits to hunt and export from Mexico. I know of 3 persons all associated with zoos or academics of which Sloan is neither. It's illegal to road hunt in Texas without special permits.

As far as I know nobody has a permit to collect Mexico for any commercial reason at all, not even for "private breeding stock". In fact they regulate their permits in great detail. For example if your permit states you will be breeding the specimens for any reason you tend to get a much lower bag limit for the year than somebody that will either pickle them or just do a study on that living wc animal. And if you do breed them and sell those babies to the public with a permit that does not have a breeding program attached to the request you will quickly loose any future prospects for permits with Mexico. And to get a permit it takes two very important parts.... First you have to be a recognized institution of some kind like a College, Zoo, or some other public, scientific or educational institution (not just a person). And second you need a sponsor from some recognized institution in Mexico to back your permit up.

Simple fact, there is no way Bob Sloan has or will ever get a permit of any kind for Mexico. In fact I would be amazed if he could make it back out of Mexico without the help of the consulate and some lawyers because his "funny business" and the violent threats he is known to make would land in big trouble fast down that way. As for any permit in TX, with his legal history and reputation that would never happen either... if somebody for some reason added his name to their up and running permit, it would certainly bring them a lot of negative attention and most likely bring an end to that permit by TP&W.

As for this Sul Ross person, I would say that proof would be easy. Even a valid email from this person with a @sulross.edu domain name would be an impressive statement since this “person” is a partner of sorts with Bob Sloan and I expect the “person” is just his alias. But in my firm opinion any person (if he does indeed turn out to be a person) that attaches their name to Bob Sloan in the herp community is more than likely a very poor choice to try and do any business with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!