Surgery - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:38 PM   #41
Insomniac101
👍Glad you're doing better, Joe; sounds like it was an incredibly painful procedure. Makes my spinal fusion sound like a hangnail removal, lol!

Old 06-17-2020, 08:37 AM   #42
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
👍Glad you're doing better, Joe; sounds like it was an incredibly painful procedure. Makes my spinal fusion sound like a hangnail removal, lol!
Spinal fusion doesn't sound like a walk in the park! I have to admit when I woke up at 3 am that first morning after surgery I was OMG what did I do? Everything was on fire including hair and toenails.

Nurse came in and said how much pain? I said I'm not sure but I never in my life been in this much pain. She said hold on for 20 more min's.

She came in and put a shot of something in my IV. I just remember thinking, Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds and bless you before conking back out, lol. I can see why people get addicted!

Doing very good. Yesterday I had painful rib that was not part of surgery. I went to bed and stretched to take pressure off and got up this morning with no pain! Must have gotten locked up and stretching undid it. Not even sore!

Old 06-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #43
nickolasanastasiou
It reads like you are doing much better. Very happy to read that, sir.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:25 AM   #44
WebSlave
Thankfully pain doesn't leave real vivid memories of the actual feeling.

Glad to see things are progressing with your healing. Soon you will be better than new.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #45
AbsoluteApril
Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Old 06-28-2020, 09:55 PM   #46
JColt
Well can sneeze without feeling like I got shot in chest. Hurts but manageable. Scar tissue still a little aggravating. Have driven a few times now but keep small pillow between chest and seatbelt. Took my 90 pound boxer for a few walks. He seems to know to take it easy. Walking about 5 miles a day depending on heat. I have noticed I don't sweat as much now. ETA for going back to work is August 1 to 15. Work is giving me comp time because I get called on maintenance issues several times a week. Even my snakes seem to know I'm not 100%. They all took food gently today. Even my golden child retic with neurological problems that only shows at feeding and aim is way off, lol.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:16 PM   #47
nickolasanastasiou
That is solid progress. The walking is excellent.

Old 06-28-2020, 11:24 PM   #48
Helenthereef
Glad to hear it Joe. It's amazing but I am sure than many animals do tune into people's state of health, glad they are being gentle with you!

Old 06-29-2020, 12:00 AM   #49
WebSlave
Yeah, sounding real good Joe. And good that the animals know to go easy on you too. Lucky that they aren't taking advantage of the situation to give you a hard time. Animals can be brats too.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #50
WebSlave
Figured I would come back and read this thread just to see how much of a weenie I am after only having heart stents inserted. I got off REALLY lucky from my heart attack! What I went through was pretty light weight in the surgery category, but my cardiologist is pretty much recommending that I stay inactive for about the same length of time that you were out of order from your surgery. I would have likely been out for at least a year if I had gone through your surgery. And I would have rather cut off my nose than to sneeze!

Just can't imagine going through what you did, Joe. Opening the chest up like a big clam shell and having doctors all rooting around in there. Makes me really cringe just thinking about it.

Hope you are fully recovered now. And all of this you went through is only just like some bad nightmare when it comes to mind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!