Are you going to take the COVID vaccine? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

View Poll Results: Are you going to take the COVID vaccine?
Yes 16 53.33%
No 7 23.33%
Depends on what happens to early beta testers 4 13.33%
I don't know 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #11
WebSlave
I was curious about how the vaccine actually works, so these two videos seem to be helpful in that regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7k8dDCvrrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvaJnXP9VoY

I am taking this all with a grain of salt. Just something about this makes my skin crawl, but I can't put my finger on what exactly about it that is raising my hackles. Quite honestly, when I read and watch things of this nature, with mankind digging into the building blocks of life itself, I tend to get a mental image of a bunch of monkeys standing in the middle of a world filled with leaking tanks of gasoline, pecking away at a locked box containing a box of matches.

Personally, no, I will not be taking the vaccine. At least not for a good year or so, if ever. I do not trust the media, especially when they come across as a cheering section for certain issues. It appears that any "discouraging words" about the vaccine are being tromped on in Youtube and Google, so again, that puts me on high alert that something is amiss with what we are being allowed to see.

BTW, I stumbled on an alternative video site that seems to have some potential of allowing things that YouTube won't allow to be presented to the public. -> https://brandnewtube.com/videos/latest?page_id=1 FWIW.

Everything about this COVID thing just stinks, IMHO. From it blowing up at Wuhan, China, then "escaping" out into the world, then suddenly China basically clearing itself of the virus while the rest of the world appears to be getting worse. At least according to the mainstream media. So in my opinion, jumping too quickly into ANYTHING based on limited input, and especially obviously biased input, may be ill advised.

Fear is a tremendous motivator. I will try real hard to not allow fear to push me in some direction that others want to push me. Not unless I agree, based on all available evidence, that there is a damn good reason to be afraid. And right now, I just do not KNOW.

Old 01-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #12
Helenthereef
Whether or not you have had Covid, or do not think you are in a high risk group, the only socially responsible thing to do is take the vaccine and stop it spreading through the community. We'd still have Polio crippling children if there had not been a global vaccine programme for that.
On the other hand, I am in an underdeveloped country where we are likely not to get a choice of which vaccine we get, and I would want to be certain we were getting one that had been through proper trials, rather than being inadvertently part of a trial of one that had been rushed out...

Old 01-02-2021, 09:57 PM   #13
marker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Of course I am.

The fact that we live in a supposedly developed country where a significant percentage of the population thinks their gut feeling, or three anecdotes, or some thing that happened to their great aunt, or some crap they heard at the bar overrides established scientific knowledge scares the S^(&* out of me. The average person now doesn't seem to understand statistical risk any more now than people did during the 20th century flu pandemic, the 19th century cholera outbreak, or the 14th century Black Death.
The second first hand accounts and real life experiences takes a back seat to "Scientific knowledge" is the exact second you become a slave.

Scientific articles are great........Until they don't reflect what is actually occurring.
Not to mention always consider the source there A LOT of corruption and money behind MOST of these scientific studies that bring about this "scientific knowledge" that does NOT reflect real life occurrences

Old 01-02-2021, 11:45 PM   #14
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
The second first hand accounts and real life experiences takes a back seat to "Scientific knowledge" is the exact second you become a slave.

Scientific articles are great........Until they don't reflect what is actually occurring.
Not to mention always consider the source there A LOT of corruption and money behind MOST of these scientific studies that bring about this "scientific knowledge" that does NOT reflect real life occurrences
Interesting point. It is surprising the number of people who seem to believe that scientists are incorruptible and/or infallible.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:59 PM   #15
Insomniac101
All of you make good points for, and against, getting the vaccine, which is why my answer is, "I don't know".

I suppose we all have to consider our age, lifestyles, any existing health issues, and try to make an informed decision.

I'm no longer in the working world, have no children, and we live in a small town of less than 900 people. I don't really interact with anyone, and wear a mask when I go into town to get groceries. My personal risk is low, so I'm going to hold off for now.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:12 AM   #16
Insomniac101
https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...and-regulation

I forgot the link to an article about vaccine development and testing. Average time, from inception, through clinical trials, is 10-15 years. How in the heck did this Covid vaccine get approved so quickly??

Old 01-04-2021, 08:22 AM   #17
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...and-regulation

I forgot the link to an article about vaccine development and testing. Average time, from inception, through clinical trials, is 10-15 years. How in the heck did this Covid vaccine get approved so quickly??
The pharma companies leveraged the work they had done on the other SARS vaccines, so they weren't starting from scratch.

Old 01-04-2021, 11:30 AM   #18
WebSlave
I read something a while back about a SARS vaccine being developed, I believe in China. From what I recall, all of the test subjects given that particular vaccine died when they were introduced to the actual virus.

Tried to find this article again, without any luck. I found it about a year ago when I first started looking into this Wuhan virus, so it wasn't THAT long ago.

I believe the discussion was centered around the possibility that the Wuhan lab was continuing working on a vaccine, and this COVID virus was a test virus enhanced to be easier to infect test subjects and to be resistant to the immune system so they could test for it longer without it being wiped out by the test subject's immune system. Speculation was that it was this virus that escaped into the wild.

I've been reading so much stuff about this for the past year, that it is difficult to backtrack to find resources that I had discovered along the way. That, and I'm not all that sure that those resources will even be easy to find any longer.

But FWIW.........

Old 01-14-2021, 06:22 AM   #19
nickolasanastasiou
I received the first dose of the Moderna version. It was uneventful. Looking forward to getting the second dose administered later this month.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:35 PM   #20
WebSlave
I was reading where one of the stipulations about getting the vaccination was that you must not already HAVE a current COVID infection. So do they test you before giving the vaccination?

I'm seeing numbers of active infections rising in my county and curious about what is going on. I suppose it is too soon to see any immunity to infection from being vaccinated reflected in the case numbers yet.

If this works, I wonder what new impending catastrophe will start making the headlines?

Speaking of which, was anyone claiming that global warming might help kick back the COVID infections? What a dilemma THAT would be!

And in another vein, I was reading about "vaccination passports" being bandied about. But eh? If the vaccination works, why would the vaccinated be concerned about those who are not vaccinated? If people decline the vaccination, certainly that wouldn't make them infectious "Typhoid Marys" to the vaccinated, would it? So I don't understand the point of the "passports". If the vaccination works, then I thought the whole point was to eliminate, or at least greatly reduce, the susceptibility of the vaccinated to becoming infected with COVID. So again, why require exclusions for the unvaccinated that do not have the "passport"?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!