Inquiry Mitch Behm (global captive breeders) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Eric Walker
Mitch Behm (global captive breeders)

anybody heard of him. Better yet bought from him.

thanks

Old 05-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
bigdogg
I have never actually bought an animal from Mitch. I did help him find some snakes he was looking for a while back. And not expecting it he actually gave me a finders fee. Most people wouldn't do that. He is a good guy in my book though.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Eric Walker
wow cool. thanks for shareing that.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Eric Walker
BUMP- I would still like to here from anyone elso who has delt with him.

thanks

Old 05-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
Eric Walker
bump????????/

Old 05-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
Eric Walker
bump???????????????/

Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
Eric Walker
nevermind, took me awhile but I finally found this thread.
had myself a good laugh reading through it

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=98171

Old 05-25-2010, 02:16 AM   #8
SirenSanJose
I don't believe I talked with Mitch, specifically, but I did purchase animals from Global Captive Breeders at the 2010 San Mateo show.

The staff were helpful, well informed, and put up with a ton of questions and popped at least a dozen Kenyans for me until I found the gender/genetic combination I wanted. (These were my first snakes, as until now I've been a gecko-only kind of girl, and they were quite tolerant of my first-time-snake-owner-ness.)

I bought a pair of '09 Kenyan Sand Boas, a visual Anery female and a het normal male. (Of course, the 'het' won't be proven for a couple of years, but they were up front with their records and litter information, so I have no reason to doubt the genetics at this point.)

I was told both had been raised on live pinks and were reliable eaters, and this has been the case. The female will still only take live pinks, and is a bit "shy" about eating, but well within completely normal bounds for the species. The male, though, is a CHAMP and took to frozen/thawed pinks the first time I offered them to him and hasn't looked back. I was expecting a fight transitioning from live to f/t, but he's been so easy about it.

Both youngsters are eating well, growing, shedding, and generally being great, worry-free, healthy little snakes. I'd absolutely buy from them again.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
Eric Walker
thanks. Ya a show is one thing but am in minnesota and dont have the chance to inspect the frogs before I buy them. After the few emails we sent back and forth I felt the ned to come here and ask about him. He never answere 2 of my questions that were asked more than once, and when asked about which experter over in malaysia they came from he kept telling me that he "imported them himself" .

I have friends about an hour and a half away and just might pop out to visit them so I can check his place out in person.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
California Breeders Union
Personality differences aside, GCB has good staff, and I've never seen any animals at shows that made me raise an eye brow.

He does import the animals himself- per my knowledge. If you buy WC animals, you get what you get- and hopefully know what you're doing.

There are plenty of people on his staff with ABOVE and BEYOND credentials. Who are completely capable of answering nearly any question you have.

I'll leave the politics, and personality issues alone.

Jordan Russell

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!