Info Global Captive Breeders - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #61
Micha
I'm sorry about the name calling, I was just very emotional after seeing that video. Even though they're rats, I still have respect for them since they keep my snake's belly full. They didn't deserve that sort of neglect. I hope Mitch never gets a hold of another animal ever again.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #62
parrotlady
Name calling doesn't begin to express the revulsion I felt viewing the pictures. This will have a long term affect for everyone owning or considering breeding reptiles in the future.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #63
AF Exotics
Yeah,the videos were beyond belief .The deceased black tree monitor hanging lifelessly over that branch did it for me .This guy is going to pay with his freedom to own animals ,and to walk around as a citizen ,and rightfully so . The only good thing is he will never own another animal again,and we all should be on the lookout should he try to recreate himself,or his business down the road ,pending legal punitive actions taken against him .

Old 12-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #64
OsirisRa32
I am not an very outwardly emotional person by nature...but I had tears in my eyes and a knot in my stomach throughout the entire video...I can't believe Mitch even has the balls to show his face around these threads anymore...it makes me sick...Him and his entire staff should be strung up.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #65
AF Exotics
Well,we as a community of both hobbyists and small business owners better get together with Vet's that belong to ARAV and some of the state and local gov't officials and start some dialogue about standardizing acceptable practices and humane care,or else BS like this case will be the end of what we enjoy today .It may sound impossible ,but I believe there are steps we can take to legitamize what we do .We can't just be reactive anymore ,but proactive and try to regulate, in an agreeable fashion before it's too late

Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #66
parrotlady
Point well taken!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #67
kouneli
Absolutely hating myself right now. I actually helped pay for them to abuse animals by buying 3 corn snakes and 1 leopard gecko from them in the past at reptile shows. Surprisingly, the animals that they brought to shows actually looked good for the most part. The gecko that I got from them, though, had missing toes. I figured that it was from a previous owner, since she looked good otherwise. Toes were healed, no stuck shed otherwise. She was a bit on the skinny side, but it was right after breeding season, so I figured that she just needed some fattening up. Now to think that she may have been in horrible conditions at their facility that made her lose her toes like that....I feel like giving her extra special attention now (same goes for the corns). I feel absolutely horrible about what their past may have been like.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #68
ophidile
Considering this company is pretty well known on the BOI for sending out sick/dying animals, I'm given to believe the facility was a deathcamp despite PETA being involved. I'm glad they're being shut down. I guess PETA managed to do something useful for once

...I do wonder if PETA was behind the mass euthenasia, that seems to be PETA's modus operandi for anything surrendered to them, including healthy highly adoptable critters. Though again, from what gets posted about GCB here I can believe most were in rough shape.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #69
ophidile
... also, joining others in hoping Mitch ends up going to jail over this. And jeebus if only there were a way to ban someone from ever owning another animal or having anything to do with the pet industry again!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #70
AF Exotics
If what I am hearing is true,he is facing one of the stiffest sentences for this type of crime .All this will depend on the legal authorities discretion of course .Please remember to some of those involved in this case ,we are all like Mitch ,and we better be ready for what is coming .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!