Bad Guy Dav Kaufman - Beware - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #51
leftycrane
Everyone can see you watching this thread and you have been called out on it. It might be in your best interest to respond in some way. Regardless of if you think you are right or not, it looks bad on you to not respond. Randy is a stand up guy, and you have had the reputation of being a stand up guy so far. Don't lost credibility by ignoring this and thinking it will go away...

Old 09-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #52
leftycrane
^^Sorry. Wrote at the same time. Hope to see some resolution.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #53
ORTALLERICO
Mr. Kaufman mentioned him needing the money in one of his ads to fund a herpes video. Here is the video link. This guy is pretending to be a standup guy in this community but when it comes down to doing the right thing he simply rather keep someone’s hard owned money.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2514738/

Old 09-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #54
ORTALLERICO
Very well.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #55
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
yes that is the male I purchased.

Now I must say, I do not believe that Dav was trying to scam anyone. Whoever or wherever this animal originated from I believe they thought it was a leopard pied. The issue now is how its handled. As its written, he guaranteed genetics. Its been over two years lost. He is here now so chime in, defend yourself and lets make this right and move on.
Well, actually it brings more questions and provides some clarity. It adds to your statements that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
I bred to a spider trying to make leopard spiders so it would have been obvious. I called Dav and told him. He informed me that he had got him in a trade and to let him contact the person he got it from. He then said that they assured him that it was a leopard. He didn't know what to do so we agreed to give it one more season and see if it produced. Here is how the conversation has gone

You never told me anything about someone else until last year when it didn't produce.
I would state that the ad is written as if he produced the snakes. There was no mention of brokering or that he received them in a trade.

Quote:
First I'm very sorry this happened. Second, even before the time of sale, I made it very clear that I was only the broker, the middleman who was only selling a snake for a friend. I've told you that I will go back to that friend who is no longer breeding
I believe your point is bolstered with that ad.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #56
Randy F
I do agree with you Dennis especially it says something about his stock.

here is a link of a beautiful pied of someone elses that if you told me it was a leopard I would probably believe it. Its beautiful and hard to tell. This is why I do not believe he is a scammer. I am about being fair and right so I do not want people to accuse him on what I truly believe was an initial mistake.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=546399

this snake and person is in now way part of this thread, just a beautiful snake.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:00 PM   #57
Dennis Hultman
Dav, who is the breeder?

This is what I understand.

When something went wrong you told your customer that you received the snake in a trade, Randy states you never told him beforehand. Your ad reflects that.

You also back up the snakes in that ad. Leading people to believe you produced them.

When your customer is trying to work something out you state

Quote:
First I'm very sorry this happened. Second, even before the time of sale, I made it very clear that I was only the broker, the middleman who was only selling a snake for a friend. I've told you that I will go back to that friend who is no longer breeding and see what I can do and I am doing that.

I don't think that's fair. I did not produce the snake you purchased and relayed only information that I had from the breeder and made very sure that you understood that I was not the one who produced that snake before the sale occurred. I'm only a person caught in the middle of what unfortunately turned into a bad sitsuation for you and I understand that you feel slighted. I took only 10% to act as a broker for selling that snake. Now I am open to other ideas to rectify this
Let me refer you to your ad
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #58
MidSouthMorphs
Dav, I think this was just a mistake, I know you're a stand up guy. I would either give a refund or give him credit with you for a total of what he paid with a snake with him sending the Pied snake back to you at your expense. Pretty much what he asked for.

Randy, did you happen to save the email of the confirmation of payment from paypal?

Old 09-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #59
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidSouthMorphs View Post
Dav, I think this was just a mistake, I know you're a stand up guy. I would either give a refund or give him credit with you for a total of what he paid with a snake with him sending the Pied snake back to you at your expense. Pretty much what he asked for.

Randy, did you happen to save the email of the confirmation of payment from paypal?
Yeah I will take a shot of it tonight and post it.

As for giving me credit what makes that hard is he can set a price that is out of market value and or never give me anything I would want. I would say refund would be best. I tried to make an offer but it was shot down so now does anyone think its unfair that since people saw the killer clown on my table for $1500 for a 500gram male and it did not sell that sending a female hatchling to me and call it a day is out of the question? Money would still be better because I can buy one cheaper, or something else that could help make up for lost time.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #60
henningreptiles
I saw Mr. Kaufman at the Iowa Reptile show selling animals that are illegal to the state. Everyone in the reptile hobby needs to be careful about everything they do. Things are getting real sloppy real fast.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!