Bad Guy Vincent Menna AKA Anerythristic - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #91
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
From what I understand as they refuse to show the belly side of the animal which would show if the white "pied" extends all the way round it, they think it is a "ringer" meaning it just has a ring of white that does not extend all the way round.

Even if it did extend all the way round it would be a very low pied

At least I think that is the reason but better people than me can correct as they see fit
On a ringer, the white "ring" can be a full, encircling, ring or a partial.
That snake looks like a ringer. Does not look Pied.
If Pied, I would expect that snake to have a "scewing", of pattern, (at least some) but it has absolutely none (except what is created by the ring). Also, a Pied will have a white belly but the OP has refused to post a belly shot when it was requested.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #92
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
From: http://jkrballstreetjournal.com/2014...-truly-random/

"Piebalds that are so highly patterned that no white is visible on the top of the snake, can still be readily identified by the unique markings common to low-white Pieds. However to 100% determine a low-white piebald from a “ringer“, the smoking gun is always the belly. Piebalds have a pattern-free belly that is left pure white because saddles do not extend across the ventral scales. Interestingly, the bottom of the head is a combination of both pattern and the white from the belly and develops a distinctive “grey wash” that blends into the white ventral scales of the neck."

A good read for all those interested in pieds whether you agree or not.
A more techno version.....lol

Old 10-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #93
Pasodama
Quote:
From: http://jkrballstreetjournal.com/2014...-truly-random/

"Piebalds that are so highly patterned that no white is visible on the top of the snake, can still be readily identified by the unique markings common to low-white Pieds. However to 100% determine a low-white piebald from a “ringer“, the smoking gun is always the belly. Piebalds have a pattern-free belly that is left pure white because saddles do not extend across the ventral scales. Interestingly, the bottom of the head is a combination of both pattern and the white from the belly and develops a distinctive “grey wash” that blends into the white ventral scales of the neck."

A good read for all those interested in pieds whether you agree or not.
Beat me to it. LoL
Thus is a better description, of a Pied, anyway.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #94
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
On a ringer, the white "ring" can be a full, encircling, ring or a partial.
That snake looks like a ringer. Does not look Pied.
If Pied, I would expect that snake to have a "scewing", of pattern, (at least some) but it has absolutely none (except what is created by the ring). Also, a Pied will have a white belly but the OP has refused to post a belly shot when it was requested.

Also, under the chin is a tell tale sign I believe. With that being said, What about this Low White. Pied or not? I am probably missing it but this does not appear to have any of the "pied" pattern either.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #95
Pasodama
* This

Old 10-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #96
Pasodama
Quote:
Also, under the chin is a tell tale sign I believe. With that being said, What about this Low White. Pied or not? I am probably missing it but this does not appear to have any of the "pied" pattern either.
That is a Ringer.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #97
Black Adder
Very interesting stuff but think we are starting to stray off the original BOI topic a bit now, no need to labour this any more, just my thoughts

Old 10-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #98
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Very interesting stuff but think we are starting to stray off the original BOI topic a bit now, no need to labour this any more, just my thoughts
True enough but it does point to the OP potentially selling a misrepresented snake and is someone who will not prove it is a Pied (or, more likely, won't listen to others who say it's not a Pied but that it is, actually, a ringer).

Speaking of the topic ...

What good would it do, for V. Menna to file a claim, anyway?
Even if FedEx found on his side, all that would be refunded is the shipping cost.
Also, FedEx clearly states, in their policy/terms, that they will not cover live animals.
This being the case, what is the end goal, that the OP seeks, for V. Menna to file a claim? For something to bolster, to an "unknown entity", that the snake was lost? For something else?
OP claims to have police involvement. Was a police report taken? What was the name of the officer? Is the officer city or county?

Old 10-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #99
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
True enough but it does point to the OP potentially selling a misrepresented snake and is someone who will not prove it is a Pied (or, more likely, won't listen to others who say it's not a Pied but that it is, actually, a ringer).

Speaking of the topic ...

What good would it do, for V. Menna to file a claim, anyway?
Even if FedEx found on his side, all that would be refunded is the shipping cost.
Also, FedEx clearly states, in their policy/terms, that they will not cover live animals.
This being the case, what is the end goal, that the OP seeks, for V. Menna to file a claim? For something to bolster, to an "unknown entity", that the snake was lost? For something else?
OP claims to have police involvement. Was a police report taken? What was the name of the officer? Is the officer city or county?

Agreed on everything you say there Deb, I am fairly sure this BOI has run its course, I still see no real fault on the actions of Mr Menna although the op obviously thinks otherwise.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #100
lillyorchid
So now he is selling the snake for 600.00 on Craigslist's but 800.00 still on here? Man I hope no one gets ripped off.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!