Bad Guy Vincent Menna AKA Anerythristic - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #41
BillZ
I would really like to know what the time frame was in regards to when Fed Ex claims "delivered" and when the OP discovered it was missing AND contacted the seller.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #42
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
if the item is not insured then I'm not sure what would be covered by FedEx other than the cost of shipping. Also, having a signature required is something that I've always been told is a bad thing when shipping live animals. In fact, I believe one of the top shipping company's recommend you do not send with signature required. If the receiver is not there to receive then the package could float around for days until a second delivery attempt or the buyer picks up if they see a notice.
I was actually in my living room for the time frame window they were staying they'd deliver. At no point did anyone show up at my door unfortunately.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #43
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
I would really like to know what the time frame was in regards to when Fed Ex claims "delivered" and when the OP discovered it was missing AND contacted the seller.
0957hrs-received notice it was delivered via email
1014hrs-first call placed, no answer
1017hrs- received call back and notified seller of possibility that package was misdelievered

Why do you ask?

Old 09-29-2015, 06:42 PM   #44
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidSouthMorphs View Post
Something seems off. The OP is the one trying to currently sell a Black Pastel Ringer (Het Pied?) as a Black Pastel Pied. You claim you got scammed but you're trying to rip off someone else? Atleast it doesn't appear to be a Black Pastel Pied.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=548890
Good one.... Look at the picture I attached towards the beginning of the thread, also the seller has the listing still posted where it shows 2 very obviously different animals and it's a female cinny pied, the male that I was to pair her with is a black pastel pied male. And why do you all of a sudden assume that I'm trying to scam anyone. I wrote the disclaimer in that post stating what people's opinion was but that it was purchased from a black pastel pied to black pastel pied pairing. So I would appreciate that you not make accusations.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:45 PM   #45
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
if the item is not insured then I'm not sure what would be covered by FedEx other than the cost of shipping. Also, having a signature required is something that I've always been told is a bad thing when shipping live animals. In fact, I believe one of the top shipping company's recommend you do not send with signature required. If the receiver is not there to receive then the package could float around for days until a second delivery attempt or the buyer picks up if they see a notice.
When an item is negligently misdelivered, FedEx is still responsible for repaying declared value (checked the website terms).
And yes I do understand the philosophy behind the no signature part, but at the same time, shipping companies see this as a waiver of responsibility and so insurance would be pointless.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #46
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
While I wholly sympathise with the OP, it looks like they are up against the wall here
If Fedex are sticking to their guns and claiming the animal was delivered, neither Paypal or probably the credit card company will play ball either.
Its basically at a stalemate right now and is a he said/she said situation.
As rightly said there is NO insurance or refund bar possibly shipping cost and yes that goes to the shipper so OP would still have to fight for that.
Very unfortunate indeed
As I currently am.... Not sure why he didn't insure it for loss, I get that live animals aren't covered against death, but on the case of non delivery like this, it would have been covered.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #47
MidSouthMorphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
Good one.... Look at the picture I attached towards the beginning of the thread, also the seller has the listing still posted where it shows 2 very obviously different animals and it's a female cinny pied, the male that I was to pair her with is a black pastel pied male. And why do you all of a sudden assume that I'm trying to scam anyone. I wrote the disclaimer in that post stating what people's opinion was but that it was purchased from a black pastel pied to black pastel pied pairing. So I would appreciate that you not make accusations.
Because the animal in that ad is not a Black Pastel Pied. From the text in your ad, it's very obvious that many people have told you that it isn't a Black Pastel Pied and you continue to try to sell it as one, including those that have commented on the ad itself. Perhaps the ones who sold you that male weren't completely truthful about the pairing?

Old 09-29-2015, 06:51 PM   #48
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
As per ship your reptiles.

"Should I require a signature for delivery?
We do not recommend you require a signature for delivery of live reptiles, but this is your own individual choice.

If the recipient is not available to accept the Signature Required package from the FedEx driver, the package will go back onto the truck for later delivery, most likely the following day.

In the case of live reptiles, it is preferable to have the driver leave the package at the address — in a location that’s protected from weather and extreme cold or heat.

NOTE: Be sure your customer/recipient is alert, ready, and watching for the imminent arrival of their package."

It is $2.50 per $100.00 for insurance and I would bet that if item is delivered dead because item was not left due to signature being required item would not be covered by the insurance anyway. So if the seller had shipped insured and signature required and you were not there to sign you could end up with a dead Uninsured animal. Although there has been two scenarios touched upon, the item was never left or the item was stolen, there is at least another scenario and that one is where Buyer claims both of those and is lying.
That may be your opinion, but then again, I wouldn't have also involved police in that regard, that would bring too much attention if I was trying to scam. Sad to think that that was probably your first thought.
I work for an airline, let's see if I show you that your bag was scanned at the drop point, and you come up and say that your bag wasnt delivered and I said you were probably lying because our scan shows your bag was there.
That's kind of messed up.
All of that aside, regardless of what you or anyone else wants to think, this thread is about the fact that the individual is not filling the claim, after I have confirmed time and tie over that I can file one.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #49
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
0957hrs-received notice it was delivered via email
1014hrs-first call placed, no answer
1017hrs- received call back and notified seller of possibility that package was misdelievered

Why do you ask?
Because we had no idea of time frame. We dont know if 15 minutes passed from the time "delivered" or 3 hours. That would make a difference. So, were you tracking and showing "out for delivery" and then "delivered" and during this time no Fed Ex arrived?

Old 09-29-2015, 07:02 PM   #50
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
It is starting to look more and more like this should not be a "bad guy" BOI for Vincent Menna as it appears he did exactly what he was supposed to
He got paid for the animal, he shipped it, provided a tracking number and got confirmation that it had been delivered.
Everything after that is out of his hands and boils down to whoever you decide to believe.
I can well understand his decision to pull his initial offer of a refund after being hit by a chargeback from the OP
Dont get me wrong not saying the OP has done anything wrong at all at this stage but it also does not seem like Vincent Menna has either really
Well, again, this was a Bad Guy thread because of 2 reasons, 1-seller stated he would offer me a credit to help me out, but then didn't respond to make good on his own offer, and 2-wiped his hands to let me deal with the loss because he didn't want to file the claim as asked and I told him I confirmed over and over that I could file the claim, once I got that started that's all I needed him to do.
There are definitely things im taking away from this experience....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!