Bad Guy Vincent Menna AKA Anerythristic - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #61
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
Please understand, as I have answered this question already.
He offered a credit in the event that there was no claim processed thru FedEx, but he never responded to me, almost a week and a half with no response back.
At that point I knew no resolution was to come.
I notified him that I would be filling a dispute to seek cooperation that way and a BOI thread.
Hardly harassing him.
If he believed he could do no more, then at that point the "credit" would have come into play, but instead he tells me to leave him alone and he was done.
So now I have initiated the charge back.
I'm sure he must have been talking to Fedex as well throughout this ordeal. Perhaps the retraction of credit and his subsequent silence (and I admit, this is speculation) is because he has done what he can do, and perhaps believes the critter was in fact delivered to you.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #62
SPJ
I can understand the seller not refunding you once you initiated a chargeback. The seller could potentially lose double the money. Once by refunding it and once again if the chargeback goes thru.
Fed Ex and the seller show it as being delivered. They would be able to find it if it went to a different house. They somehow were able to see the delivery scan was done when the truck was not at my house. A call to the driver and it was handed to me. I'd hate to be that driver when he got back to the hub since it looks like they have GPS to show where the truck is when a scan is done.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #63
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
Because those are the only two possible ways that a package can be scanned as delivered and not actually be received by a buyer.
I was specifically stating that there are no other ways to show delivered but not.

Well... With the exception of advance scanning I guess as well, as previously mentioned.
Those may be the only few possible ways to show "delivered but not be delivered" but "stolen from your porch" is not one that is possible in your scenario. To even offer it up as a possible reason can only serve to hurt your position with both the sender and Fed Ex since why should either be responsible if someone took an item off your porch. Yes, I understand your issue with the sender was not insuring or offering insurance but IMHO insured or not rests on the buyer.

BTW, buyer lying was not my first thought at all. A few of my "first thoughts" all involved Fed Ex. I only offered it as an additional scenario and one that is a reality in this industry. We recently had a package "disappear" from our porch in broad daylight. We have been here 20 years and have never had it happen. Also, the Fed Ex driver (not our regular) described the missing package as something in bubble wrap. It was not. He also said he knew the porch because the next day he delivered 2 "small" packages. I showed him the "small" packages I received were 1 foot by 1 foot by 2.5 feet and weighed 40lbs each. he would have had to make 2 trips to delivery these "small" packages from the truck to the porch. Another pet peeve regarding Fed Ex is that even if I walk to the street and meet the truck, even though the driver handed me my package and never entered my property, the fed ex info update will say "left at door"

Old 09-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #64
Black Adder
Hold on a minute I am now royally confused....
You state "can we get back to the point of the thread which was the seller will not initiate a claim with Fedex" ( at least I think that was your initial point?)in post #58
And yet two posts later you state you have started the chargeback process
What do you expect?

Old 09-29-2015, 09:32 PM   #65
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Hold on a minute I am now royally confused....
You state "can we get back to the point of the thread which was the seller will not initiate a claim with Fedex" ( at least I think that was your initial point?)in post #58
And yet two posts later you state you have started the chargeback process
What do you expect?
I was responding to the inquiries I received so it did not look like I was hiding anything or intentionally ignoring. Hence I responded to somebody (who at this point I don't even know) about needing to file credit card dispute.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #66
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
Those may be the only few possible ways to show "delivered but not be delivered" but "stolen from your porch" is not one that is possible in your scenario. To even offer it up as a possible reason can only serve to hurt your position with both the sender and Fed Ex since why should either be responsible if someone took an item off your porch. Yes, I understand your issue with the sender was not insuring or offering insurance but IMHO insured or not rests on the buyer.

BTW, buyer lying was not my first thought at all. A few of my "first thoughts" all involved Fed Ex. I only offered it as an additional scenario and one that is a reality in this industry. We recently had a package "disappear" from our porch in broad daylight. We have been here 20 years and have never had it happen. Also, the Fed Ex driver (not our regular) described the missing package as something in bubble wrap. It was not. He also said he knew the porch because the next day he delivered 2 "small" packages. I showed him the "small" packages I received were 1 foot by 1 foot by 2.5 feet and weighed 40lbs each. he would have had to make 2 trips to delivery these "small" packages from the truck to the porch. Another pet peeve regarding Fed Ex is that even if I walk to the street and meet the truck, even though the driver handed me my package and never entered my property, the fed ex info update will say "left at door"
Correct, this is not a possibility in MY situation, however the only possible explanations for ANYONE having a package not at their house but it showing delivered were stolen from porch, misdelivered, stolen by driver, prescanned, and of course the dishonest buyer (who would not also involve police inquiring as I have done)

Old 09-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #67
lillyorchid
Police aren't going to get involved, they have much bigger things to deal with.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:02 PM   #68
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
Police aren't going to get involved, they have much bigger things to deal with.
The fact that the snake has a market value ranging in excess of $1k, I've already spoken to an officer. I may not have gotten a full on detective but I do have an officer working with me right now that will be talking to the driver and supervisor.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:24 AM   #69
hhmoore
Does FedEx use a GPS scanning like USPS? If so, it should be a simple enough matter to confirm whether it was misdelivered. If it WAS delivered to the correct address, it could be argued that both the shipper and carrier did what was required of them.
I have long recommended that people have their reptile shipments held for pickup - to the extent that I made it my policy as a shipper (in addition to my practice as a buyer) - fewer problems and (slightly) less expensive, but so often disregarded as an inconvenience.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:35 AM   #70
hhmoore
How, specifically, was the seller contacted about this thread?
I ask because if it was via PM, he has not received the message...and can, therefore, not be expected to respond. (He hasn't logged on in 2 weeks)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!