Bad Guy Vincent Menna AKA Anerythristic - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #81
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
I believe that once the initial is created, with UPS this is true anyhow, you can divert it to a local office.
Also with FedEx, if you require a signature at pickup from office, that would be something to submit to PayPal as proof of delivery to other than confirmed address to protect a seller would it not?
In a perfect world yes. Buyer just claims it was not them that picked it up. ID was fake, as was signature, etc... Paypal could just fall back on their protection policy and say "you did not ship to a confirmed address". Now, try to get FedEx to play nice. Once had our CC card used to purchase an item form Newegg. Address dlivered to and phone numbers were not even in the same state as us.. I asked Fedex for proof of delivery and who delivered it. They would not assist. They told me "we have hundreds of delivery men" I said "yes' but only one of them delivered this package and you know exactly which one".... Received zero assistance from them to help recovery.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #82
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
See no fault on his actions huh.
Anyone can file a claim (if they are the shipper) no matter the circumstance, however he refused to do so, again I repeat, anyone can file a claim.
It can get denied quite easily, however, all I had asked was for him to start the claim (not to mention the several reps I talked to said that a claim could be filed but it had to be the seller that did so).
It was stated when I asked about the gps scans that unfortunately the gps was not enabled at the time of scanning.
I told them that I wanted to file a claim for misdelivery and between the fact that it had no gps enabled scans and the driver was initially unable to "confirm the address was the correct one until going back out" (which tells me he just went to my address to figure out the right address so he wouldn't describe a wrong one) that they were just as unable to confirm correct delivery and had absolutely no way to actually confirm it.
But NOTHING can be filed because the seller won't file the claim and so everything falls short there.
And I told him that was all I wanted.

But also he offers a credit, and then becomes unavailable when I ask if he can't help me get my money back then what kind of credit was he offering. He said he was offering credit in the insurance where FedEx would not help me, which was the case and so I had asked, with no response (prior to me filling the dispute of charges) so also, he offers a credit and doesn't do that either. So yes, of course I'm gonna chargeback the funds, why the heck would I not. So now HE can battle that out with FedEx instead of me.
Since you haven't posted comms between you and the seller, can you list the dates of when the following happened?

Delivery date was ...
You first asked for a FedEx claim to be opened on ...
Seller offered credit on ...
You initiated the dispute with PP, which was denied, on ...
You started the CC chargeback on ...

Old 09-30-2015, 02:32 PM   #83
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Since you haven't posted comms between you and the seller, can you list the dates of when the following happened?

Delivery date was ...
You first asked for a FedEx claim to be opened on ...
Seller offered credit on ...
You initiated the dispute with PP, which was denied, on ...
You started the CC chargeback on ...
Although quite lengthy, all of what you have asked with the exception of the lat 2, actually has been posted.

Please read thru. Thank you.
As far as my PayPal dispute, September 14th after I stated that due to no answer I was doing so.

The chargeback was initiated on the 25th.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:51 AM   #84
tlmoon
I understand that this must be super frustrating, to say the least, for the OP, but I'm not sure the seller really merits being called a Bad Guy here.

It sounds like we know the snake was shipped, and we know the buyer did not receive it. OP, you've said it was either stolen or misdelivered.

So if stolen: It sounds like there wasn't that much time between when you got the email that it had been delivered and went to the porch? I know you've said no Fed Ex truck came by. Can you be 100% sure? Those guys pull up, rap on the door and are back in their truck leaving awfully fast. If you were in another room, or distracted, could you have missed hearing it? Unless you were literally glued the front porch, can you be absolutely sure? I am not calling you a liar in any way, shape or form. I believe you that you never saw/heard the delivery. But, is it possible it occurred? How quickly would it have to have been stolen? It seems like it would have to be pretty fast, but it could have happened.

Misdelivered: this seems more likely. It sounds like the driver had to come back by to be sure it was your place. The "I thought so" or whatever he said, sounds totally odd, but maybe he really thought he remembered you, or was just refreshing his memory to get his story straight. Still though, I assume the box was properly labelled? I'm just picturing your average person getting an unexpected package with a live snake in it. I don't know the probabilities, but most people would probably call fed ex in a hurry and/or their local news with a "live python left on grandma's porch" kind of story. In which case the package would be found and fed ex would know about it. A smaller percentage would look upon this as manna from heaven and have a nice new free pet. In which case the package is never seen again.

It's hard to say which occurred. I totally get that you are really frustrated. But look at it from the seller's point of view: he did his part, shipped the snake out. He did call Fed ex (several times per the text you posted) and they are telling him absolutely, it was delivered. So he is in the position of believing Fed Ex, or you. No offense to you, but he doesn't know you at all. If a convincing fed ex agent is telling him, "yes the driver confirms it was delivered, he knows the address, he's been there before" maybe he believed them over you? Maybe he thinks it was stolen off your porch?

It sounds like the seller did try to work with you at first, but it looks like from the text he posted, he considers the matter closed now. I do wish for your sake that he would file the claim to help you. But, I don't think he is not filing it out of malice or just general non-responsiveness. It sounds like he made his decision to go with what fedex is saying.

In terms of the shipping w/o signature required, that is pretty normal for reasons detailed before. It sounds like he could have made that clearer, but you also could have asked for clarification.

It's a totally sad situation and I do feel bad that you didn't end up with the snake. It just seems more unfortunate than malicious or "bad guy" scammer level.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:44 AM   #85
Casey Hulse
See if any pet shops in the area have seen it, maybe whoever took it tried to sell it..?

Old 10-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #86
BillZ
I notice in the OP's craigslist ad he is still calling the item he has for sale a "black pastel pied". Has this been determined to be true? false? Also, he mentions in his ad that his loss is due to the seller not insuring. I believe this is a moot point. If the seller had insured through SYR, the only reptile shipper I know that offers insurance, then this situation would not be one covered by that insurance anyways. According to Fed Ex, this package was delivered "on time" and thus relieves SYR from their obligation to pay out on the insured item.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #87
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
I notice in the OP's craigslist ad he is still calling the item he has for sale a "black pastel pied". Has this been determined to be true? false? Also, he mentions in his ad that his loss is due to the seller not insuring. I believe this is a moot point. If the seller had insured through SYR, the only reptile shipper I know that offers insurance, then this situation would not be one covered by that insurance anyways. According to Fed Ex, this package was delivered "on time" and thus relieves SYR from their obligation to pay out on the insured item.
Sorry, image was not attached:
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #88
ElexisC
Can someone please explain why that's not a black pastel low white pied for those of us who don't know ball morphs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Old 10-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #89
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Can someone please explain why that's not a black pastel low white pied for those of us who don't know ball morphs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

From what I understand as they refuse to show the belly side of the animal which would show if the white "pied" extends all the way round it, they think it is a "ringer" meaning it just has a ring of white that does not extend all the way round.

Even if it did extend all the way round it would be a very low pied

At least I think that is the reason but better people than me can correct as they see fit

Old 10-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #90
BillZ
From: http://jkrballstreetjournal.com/2014...-truly-random/

"Piebalds that are so highly patterned that no white is visible on the top of the snake, can still be readily identified by the unique markings common to low-white Pieds. However to 100% determine a low-white piebald from a “ringer“, the smoking gun is always the belly. Piebalds have a pattern-free belly that is left pure white because saddles do not extend across the ventral scales. Interestingly, the bottom of the head is a combination of both pattern and the white from the belly and develops a distinctive “grey wash” that blends into the white ventral scales of the neck."

A good read for all those interested in pieds whether you agree or not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!