Info TexHiss Jimmy Horton - Poor Animal Condition, Bad Shipping Practices - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #71
hypocamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
Poor creature. That is not how you care for baby boas, or any snake for that matter. I'm glad the OP got it out of your care. Sadly you made money on a malnourished and poorly cared for animal from within your care.
The seller offered all of her money back.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:05 PM   #72
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocamaro View Post
Its funny how you guys choose sides based on the situation. I posted about how a guy was underfeeding his bolivian red tail boa and all of you guys stuck up for him.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...49#post1856749

So is this snake way underfed or "Starved". I know its not thin but it is very very very undersized to be a 2013.
Hold a grudge, much? I agree the boa in the ad you linked is underfed, but that has nothing to do with this thread, and frankly it's just petty to bring it up.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #73
hypocamaro
Its the same thing! Petty?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #74
chkadii
Quote:
The seller offered all of her money back.
In return for the boa (which is standard, I'm not arguing that). The buyer didn't want to risk the boa dying from being shipped a second time in such a bad condition. This put them in a tough spot of either risking further harm to the boa or letting the seller profit from the unhealthy snake, and they've chosen the latter option in the boa's best interests.

The argument isn't the sellers return policy at this point, it's the fact that he let the boa's condition get so bad to begin with. It never should have left his hands looking like that.

By the way, I did not read your thread about another underfed boa yet, and my post is not a comparison between the two situations - it's just a response to your post quoted above.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #75
hypocamaro
Fauna sure is a safe spot to go to buy all of your reptiles with all of these PERFECT people whom NEVER make mistakes!!! (drenched in sarcasm)

Old 10-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #76
Black Adder
Quote:
Its funny how you guys choose sides based on the situation. I posted about how a guy was underfeeding his bolivian red tail boa and all of you guys stuck up for him.

So is this snake way underfed or "Starved". I know its not thin but it is very very very undersized to be a 2013.
This really has ZERO relevance to this thread whatsoever so please stay on topic
If THAT thread still holds some importance to you then that is where you should be posting dont you think?

Old 10-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #77
hypocamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chkadii View Post
In return for the boa (which is standard, I'm not arguing that). The buyer didn't want to risk the boa dying from being shipped a second time in such a bad condition. This put them in a tough spot of either risking further harm to the boa or letting the seller profit from the unhealthy snake, and they've chosen the latter option in the boa's best interests.

The argument isn't the sellers return policy at this point, it's the fact that he let the boa's condition get so bad to begin with. It never should have left his hands looking like that.

By the way, I did not read your thread about another underfed boa yet, and my post is not a comparison between the two situations - it's just a response to your post quoted above.

I have stated that I agree with this a couple of times but it was shipped out...

AND

The seller said he would do the right thing and give her money back.

You guys are crucifying him over a mistake. Making him to be a scum bag piece of crap. Cmon children.

There was only one perfect being and he no longer walks among us.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #78
hypocamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
This really has ZERO relevance to this thread whatsoever so please stay on topic
If THAT thread still holds some importance to you then that is where you should be posting dont you think?
How does it not have relevance. This is an "underfed" snake and so it that one.

"underfed"="underfed"

Old 10-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #79
Lucille
Quote:

I have stated that I agree with this a couple of times but it was shipped out...

AND

The seller said he would do the right thing and give her money back.
I think this site is a place where people love critters, particularly reptiles. Seeing one underfed to that extent by a seller who should be keeping his stock healthy and fed appropriately is a shock, and I think a response is warranted. A refund is a good start but it doesn't wipe out the cause.
NOT commenting might send the message that this was merely a lapse in a business deal (many don't see it that way) and allow a seller to proceed with business as usual.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:40 PM   #80
Pasodama
Quote:

Quite an over exaggeration. Just because a few people (which are not the same ones in this thread) posted, in that thread, does not make everyone, in this thread, individuals who defended the seller in that thread.

Quote:
Its the same thing! Petty?
NOT the same thing. The boa, in that thread, does not look even close to being as deflated, & malnourished, as the baby of this thread

Quote:
You guys are crucifying him over a mistake. Making him to be a scum bag piece of crap. Cmon children.
You may agree that the baby Boa, in this thread, is not in optimal condition but, apparently, it was not a simple "mistake" when the breeder/seller, himself, stated that there is nothing wrong with this baby Boa.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, breeder, texas