Ambanja full of eggs crashing fast - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
Bar None Reptiles
Ambanja full of eggs crashing fast

I just came to care for a female ambanja today as my brother has left on vacation and she has been to the vet where we found out she was FULL of eggs. She has not been in contact with a male since at least December that I am positive of, yet she is full of eggs. The problem is she is crashing FAST. She has no energy, is dehydrated, and the eggs are leaching the calcium from her body. She has been to the vet everyday this week and just keeps looking worse everyday. Surgery may be her only chance at survival right now, but she is so weak that the chances of her surviving that are very slim. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? The vet was telling me it may just be best to euthanize her, but I decided since I could not reach my brother as he is in the air right now to take her home and see if I can give her one last shot. I am hoping that I can build her energy up to expel the eggs in the next 24 hours, but the chances are not on my side right now. I was thinking of making a lil mix with some chicken baby food, smashed up mealworms, pedialyte, and some calcium and see if she will take it. Anything else I should toss in there? I am giving her subcutaneous fluids 4 times a day and liquid calcium, metacam for the pain, and some antibiotics as well. I figure there is nothing I can do right now that will make her any worse off than she is. So I am willing to pull out all the stops in the next 24 hours and see where we stand at that. Anyone have any suggestions at all that I could try out?

Old 02-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
Bar None Reptiles
Nevermind. She passed within an hour of posting this.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
laxjohn
sorry for the loss

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!