A Friendly Hello To All Parrot Owners - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
Mikkwa
A Friendly Hello To All Parrot Owners

I know this is mainly a reptile site and reptiles were what brought me here when I first joined up. I let the last of my snakes go to new homes last spring. I do have a flock of birds/parrots as my signature will attest to.

This section has been lacking in activity it seems for quite some time. I know there are a few folks/members who keep parrots as well. So I thought maybe we could get a little conversation going about our feathered kids.

I have 7 small to medium to large parrots ~currently~. 3 Macaws, 1 female Eclectus, 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, 1 White Capped Pionus and 1 Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, plus 8 budgies that live together in a large flight cage.

I am also waiting for my newest flock member to come home soon. This will be another Macaw, a Blue Throated Macaw that is a special needs fabie (feathered baby for those who are not familiar with the phrase). His parent birds chewed all but one of his toes off and chewed on his wings to a certain degree. He is quite able to perch & climb so he is actually not what I call a true special needs bird. His name is Kachina Raye Skybird and does things a little different than other macaws.

2 of my other macaws are considered special needs as well, but neither one is handicapped or any trouble to take care of in any way! My oldest Catalina boy, Angel was born with leg & wing disabilities which prevent him from standing on his legs or being able to fly like his normal younger brother Roscoe. Angle can climb with the best of them and and lives life to the fullest. He has no idea he is special.

My Green Wing girl, Ruby Jewel is really not a special needs, she was just a victim of her Daddy bird biting the folded part of her left wing off when she was 1 day old. It prevents her from ever flying. Otherwise, she is in perfect condition.

The rest of my flock members are normal. Can't say their flock leader is.

So if you have parrots, I'd love to hear about them and see a few photos over here. That's one thing I do have is lots of photos. My kids love to pose for Mom.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
Mikkwa
These are my 4 macaws. Roscoe, Angel, Ruby Jewel and Kachina Raye. They are the clowns of my flock.

Roscoe, my Catalina Macaw

Angel, my other Catalina macaw and Roscoe's older brother

Ruby Jewel, my Green Wing girl

Kachina Raye, my Blue Throated macaw. This photo is courtesy of his breeder where he is currently at.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #3
Helenthereef
Beautiful!

Old 10-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #4
Mikkwa
Thank you Helen.

I plan to add a photo or two of the rest of my flock in a few days when I'm off work again. Actually I will be on vacation (at home of course) for 20 days off from work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!